Johnny Trueblood

Brandon4Real_X

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_0268.JPG

Hope this photo posting works. If it does, anyone know who this red-headed recruit is with Coach Hunter along the sideline this morning?

Hmmm. Guess it doesn't work. Sorry. As usual, the photo is apparently too large to attach.

So, finally figured out this photos posting thing. So, here is the photo mentioned in the above post from the McNeese game [hope, again, that this works]:

https://twitter.com/swan888/status/516791237312258049

IMG_0268.JPG

Hope this photo posting works. If it does, anyone know who this red-headed recruit is with Coach Hunter along the sideline this morning?

Hmmm. Guess it doesn't work. Sorry. As usual, the photo is apparently too large to attach.

So, finally figured out this photos posting thing. So, here is the photo mentioned in the above post from the McNeese game [hope, again, that this works]:https://twitter.com/swan888/status/516791237312258049

He looks a lot like coach Hunter.:);)

• 3 months later...

Anyone seen Trueblood play this season yet? Looks like from box scores he's been leading Elkhorn South in scoring most games, and South is one of the top teams in Class B this season.

Obviously hopefully NU won't be in the spot where we need walk-ons to play key minutes again any time soon, but with the kind of luck we've had with new walk-ons and injuries lately, it'd be nice if Trueblood can at least get some practice time in next season.  ;)

I was able to see him play Seward last Friday.  Seward is pretty athletic and won by 15 but Johnny went for 39!  All of his points were at the rim.  He has one of the quickest first steps I have seen at the class B level.  He is deceptively athletic but was an average shooter at best.  I think he missed a FT line jumper and a three.  Seems to have real good basketball IQ and at 6'3"-6'4" he can impose his will more at the guard.  He was the best high school player I have seen this year but I watch mostly class B.  He will be a nice practice player but I don't think much more than that.  That was what I saw but it was one only one game but he was much better than I expected.

I was able to see him play Seward last Friday.  Seward is pretty athletic and won by 15 but Johnny went for 39!  All of his points were at the rim.  He has one of the quickest first steps I have seen at the class B level.  He is deceptively athletic but was an average shooter at best.  I think he missed a FT line jumper and a three.  Seems to have real good basketball IQ and at 6'3"-6'4" he can impose his will more at the guard.  He was the best high school player I have seen this year but I watch mostly class B.  He will be a nice practice player but I don't think much more than that.  That was what I saw but it was one only one game but he was much better than I expected.

Thanks - Seward is very solid this season. I'm hoping to see Trueblood in person in the next few weeks.

Just from your description, he almost sounds like Gesell when he was at SSC. Gesell was so much quicker with his first step than anyone else in B that he was a devastating driver, but shooting was the question mark. Gesell also had terrific strength that allowed him to finish through contact near the rim relatively easily at the B level in high school. Not that I'm saying Trueblood's a similar player to Gesell talent wise  ;)  just that it sounds like they have similar offensive skills/styles at a similar HS level of competition.

IMG_0268.JPG

So, finally figured out this photos posting thing. So, here is the photo mentioned in the above post from the McNeese game [hope, again, that this works]:

https://twitter.com/swan888/status/516791237312258049

His name is Andy Kerkman.  I believe he is a junior this year.  He plays for Clearwater-Orchard (Class D-1 school), and they are the #1 team in the state for that class right now.  Pretty good player with a good sized frame.  I believe he's around 6'8".