2015-16 Husker opponents

• 5 weeks later...

Not the sexy matchup of Dunk City from 2 years ago, but it's still good to have a decent opponent prior to the trip to 'Nova!

Miss Valley St. has been one of the 20 worst teams in Div I for the last 3 years so if by "decent" you mean a "Div I squad with uniforms", then yes  :)

I suppose 'decent' means NU has a game scheduled vs a team able to make a basket once in a while... ;) Wasn't there a non-affiliated team that lost 119-14 to a Div.1 team recently?!?

So, basically a warmup before the trip to Philly! Anybody is better than nobody, last year the Huskers barely got an opponent on that opening weekend at all, Northern Kentucky played at Wisconsin Fri. night & then came to Lincoln for Sun. night. Otherwise, NU doesn't have an opener on the initial weekend of college hoops. So, yes, 'decent' is a game being played prior to 'Nova! :D

I mean, that MVSU band is pry like 1/3 the size of the NU marching band and they've gotta be at least twice as loud!

If you've never seen a HBCU band live in person you are truly missing out on one of the real joys of life.  The first note they play will take your breath away and you won't get it back 'til they're done.

I got a chance to see the Morgan State pep band live at the NCAA tourney a few years back here in KC and it's an experience I'll NEVER forget.

Nothing earth-shattering here, but Lee B verifies in OWH today that Boehm says NU will have 9 non-con home games - he listed the 3 home games (Ms Val St, Miami, URI) we already know, along with the 4 games away from home (2 in Barclays, at Nova, at Bluebirds)

So that would mean 31 reg season games with 6 home non-con opponents yet to be announced

• 2 weeks later...

Not an actual opponent, not an actual game.... but, still:

I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We ain't talking about the game.  We're talking about practice, man.

Looks like our preseason closed door scrimmage will be versus Wyoming...

Prior to the season, Wyoming will not partake in its usual closed-door scrimmage with Utah due to a scheduling conflict. Instead, UW will likely scrimmage Nebraska, which is led by former Colorado State coach Tim Miles.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/blog/wyoming-men-s-basketball-schedule-nearly-finalized/article_78212581-cb22-5bca-9f65-cb86f45c4233.html

Hopefully NU's trip to Wisconsin isn't the regular-season-finale this year. It's tough enough in Madison, but whichever team gets saddled with that home finale game on the schedule will run into an impossible task with that also being Coach Ryan's final home game.

Whomever gets sent there for that game will tell us which team the B1G schedulers hate the most. I think that would a good spot on the schedule for Iowa to have.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

2015-16 Nebraska Men’s Basketball Schedule
Date                                 Opponent                                                                                 Location
TBA                                   Exhibition Game                                                                      Pinnacle Bank Arena
Saturday, Nov. 14          Mississippi Valley State                                                          Pinnacle Bank Arena

Tuesday, Nov. 17            at Villanova (Gavitt Tipoff Games)                                           Philadelphia, Pa.
Thursday, Nov. 19         Delaware State                                                                        Pinnacle Bank Arena
Sunday, Nov. 22             Southeastern Louisiana 
(Barclays Center Classic)                Pinnacle Bank Arena
Tuesday, Nov. 24           Arkansas-Pine Bluff 
(Barclays Center Classic)                        Pinnacle Bank Arena
Friday, Nov. 27               vs. TBA (Barclays Center Classic)                                              Brooklyn, N.Y.
                                             (Cincinnati/George Washington/Tennessee)
Saturday, Nov. 28           vs. TBA 
(Barclays Center Classic)                                              Brooklyn, N.Y.
                                             (Cincinnati/George Washington/Tennessee)
Tuesday, Dec. 1              vs. Miami 
(Big Ten/ACC Challenge)                                          Pinnacle Bank Arena
Saturday, Dec. 5             
Abilene Christian                                                                     Pinnacle Bank Arena
Wednesday, Dec. 9       at Creighton                                                                              Omaha, Neb.
Sunday, Dec. 13             Rhode Island                                                                             Pinnacle Bank Arena
Sunday, Dec. 20             Samford                                                                                     Pinnacle Bank Arena
Tuesday, Dec. 22            Prairie View A&M                                                                   Pinnacle Bank Arena