Ooops.

Norm Peterson

I don't think Toronto has much of a case here (at least not to my eyes).

Those logos aren't all that similar (and what is similar is more to do with a blue jay looking like a blue jay).  Heck, K-State's Powercat is closer to Iowa's Hawkeye in design than the two logos in question here. 

Of course, I don't know a thing about copyright law, so I could be horribly wrong.

If this flies (Ha!  Bird puns!), then Green Bay should sue the University of Georgia.

Norm, it appears that thread has evolved into a lengthy (and shockingly detailed) discussion of the most seedy of Omaha-area go-go establishments throughout time.

Pretty sketchy characters, those Underground fellas.  I feel like I may need a shower after reading that thread.

I hate bringing up what those turds on the BJ Underground have to say about it but their excuse seems to be that, well, we ripped off Toronto's entire logo back in the 90s, right down to the maple leaf, and they didn't complain about it then, so ...

Unfortunately, this is part of how the law works. If you don't take action and are aware of a copyright infringement, it becomes an implicit waiving of your rights. Proving this (either way) can be difficult.

Really nothing to see here. I talked with a lawyer friend of mine and he basically said this suit is to help Toronto get their foot back in the door...They didn't cry foul in the 90's so they don't have much legal stance to do so now..

Would that be Tommy G, aka Double Douche?  He is one of those every street corner, wanna be important, lawyer types.  Is he your friend?  Or possibly even you as a 4th alias?

Really nothing to see here. I talked with a lawyer friend of mine and he basically said this suit is to help Toronto get their foot back in the door...They didn't cry foul in the 90's so they don't have much legal stance to do so now..

Would that be Tommy G, aka Double Douche?  He is one of those every street corner, wanna be important, lawyer types.  Is he your friend?  Or possibly even you as a 4th alias?

No it's a friend of mine who was in the class of '12 with me at UNL. He's now working as an intern at a firm in the Chicago area. Nice necro btw