Going Pro Prediction Percentages

tbowman

So I'd be interested in hearing the prediction percentage you would put on Petteway, Pitchford, and Shields going pro after the 2014-2015 season. 

My own predictions are below.

Petteway - 85%

Pitchford - 40%

Shields - 15%

I'm pretty high on Pitchford.  A guy that tall and athletic that can shoot the 3 is coveted in the NBA.  He steadily improved last season and if he continues to improve he could easily be gone next season along with Petteway.  

And don't count out Shields either.  

NU could lose 3 great players at the end of this season.  

So I'd be interested in hearing the prediction percentage you would put on Petteway, Pitchford, and Shields going pro after the 2014-2015 season. 

Petteway - 85%

Pitchford - 40%

Shields - 15%

I'm pretty high on Pitchford.  A guy that tall and athletic that can shoot the 3 is coveted in the NBA.  He steadily improved last season and if he continues to improve he could easily be gone next season along with Petteway.  

There is no way -- NO WAY -- the NBA takes three players from one team that doesn't at least make the Elite 8.

So ... if we get an Elite 8 out of it, I think I can live with the loss of 3 starters.

Petteway - 85%

Pitchford - 40%

Shields - 15%

You are vastly underrating how difficult it is to get drafted into the NBA.

Petteway - 85%

Pitchford - 40%

Shields - 15%

ill put a diffrent take on it.. 

TP-99%

WP- If He's Smart?-0%

WP- If he gets hyped and has an ok season- 50%

Shields- 0%

Walter needs to be here until he graduates and even than he might not be ready and will likely be a development pick or UFA, important note for future of draft, pay attention to the D-League expansion, and the OKC Thunder, the NBA wants every team to have a D-League team, and expansion talk is heating up, The thunder passed up on the 10-12 players that could contribute this year to draft two players that could stash in the d-league with non guaranteed contracts, one in the first round, look for more NBA teams to do that, which in the case of WP could work for and against him. i think, if a team wants to draft a developmental pick in the first round to stash in the D-League guys like Walter might be that guy. 

Petteway - 85%

Pitchford - 40%

Shields - 15%

I agree.

I'd say Petteway leaving is a virtual certainty.  At least 90%.

Others might leave, but not for the NBA.

I do not understand how Terran leaving for the NBA is a lock to some people. There were games last year where he was definitely a liability and not an asset for us. Of course he also had some fantastic games, but looking over the course of the season he still had major areas of weaknesses.

Of course what I'm saying ignores reports of him lighting it up this summer, so if he truly is significantly better, then my 65% is probably low. But I'll have to believe it when I see it.

I do not understand how Terran leaving for the NBA is a lock to some people. There were games last year where he was definitely a liability and not an asset for us. Of course he also had some fantastic games, but looking over the course of the season he still had major areas of weaknesses.

Of course what I'm saying ignores reports of him lighting it up this summer, so if he truly is significantly better, then my 65% is probably low. But I'll have to believe it when I see it.

Don't look at the first half of the season.  Look at the Big Ten part of our schedule.  In fact, look what he did against stiff competition from 12/21 on.  Only held to single digits once that whole span, in a game against Michigan.  Looked at his scoring average.  His All-Conference First Team honors were earned.  And all reports indicate he's excelled this summer. 

Its not where you start but where you finish.  He wasnt the B1G leader in scoring for nothing.  Every report says hes gotten even better.  So take the B1G scoring leader, with a better team, and better skills.  You're a math guy, those things add up to a high probability that he is draft worthy this year.