Nebraska #22 in sporting news preseason top 25.

PimpMario

Bleacher Report "experts" have us at #17:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2161938-preseason-ncaa-basketball-rankings-2014-15-br-experts-updated-top-25-poll

(it's Bleacher Report, so definitely take it with a grain of salt, but still)

17. Nebraska: What happened last season wasn't a fluke. The Cornhuskers enjoy one of the Big Ten's top home-court advantages. It also doesn't hurt to have a player like All-American candidate Terran Petteway.

You can "grain of salt" it all you want, but that was put together by Jason King he's as legit a reporter as it gets.

Bleacher Report "experts" have us at #17:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2161938-preseason-ncaa-basketball-rankings-2014-15-br-experts-updated-top-25-poll

(it's Bleacher Report, so definitely take it with a grain of salt, but still)

17. Nebraska: What happened last season wasn't a fluke. The Cornhuskers enjoy one of the Big Ten's top home-court advantages. It also doesn't hurt to have a player like All-American candidate Terran Petteway.

You can "grain of salt" it all you want, but that was put together by Jason King he's as legit a reporter as it gets.

+1 We have top players returning from a team that did well last year. This guy knows as much as anyone else doing these things and probably more than the collective wisdom of a preseason poll.

I don't think a preseason ranking of 22 is crazy at all. We return all 5 starters who should all be better than last year, some much better. Our only experienced non starter is Parker but we add some quality depth with Moses, Fuller, Tarin Smith and Hammond.

Based on what Miles and Co accomplished last year, who returns and some quality additions,  a preseason rating seems reasonable.

And don't forget Rivers.

I would never forget David! He's one of my favorites. I assumed David was included in the starting 5 given his starts the last 3rd of the season.

And if Rivers should leave and then his min. As a soph. And then why isn't he playing and then he is playing great down the stretch.

We as fans have been all over the place with our thoughts on David, haven't we? :)

You can't discount his continuous positive attitude when his minutes dwindled and the valuable locker room presence he has among his teammates.

Also David Rivers and Benny have been my favorite players on this team the last couple years. Hard workers, wait your turn and do your best for the team type guys. Sports used to be full of those kinds of guys, now we have one and done, go to Europe or transfer, transfer, transfer type of guys.

I think I will tear up a bit for those guys on their senior nights. Just like a did for Brandon Ubel.

I love Rivers and Parker was my favorite Husker last year.  I think Parker created more fast break opportunities than any other player.

As great as Petteway was last year we were kept in most of games last year with team defense.  

Pair that team defense with a couple of guys who can go off and take over a game (Shields, Pitchford and Petteway) and I think Nebraska has found a way to win.  

But the identity of the program should continue to be team defense.

A Mai Tai is a great drink when you don't put all the foo-foo pineapple juice and grenadine crap in it and instead make it the way it's supposed to be made.

Grenadine is a very important ingredient in a My Tai Webster.

No, don't use grenadine in your My Tai Webster.  Make it with kiwi fruit instead.  Kiwi would be so much more apropos.

A Mai Tai is a great drink when you don't put all the foo-foo pineapple juice and grenadine crap in it and instead make it the way it's supposed to be made.

Grenadine is a very important ingredient in a My Tai Webster.

No, don't use grenadine in your My Tai Webster.  Make it with kiwi fruit instead.  Kiwi would be so much more apropos.

It's simply for coloring...if I'm drinking a Husker themed drink it's gotta be red.

I love Rivers and Parker was my favorite Husker last year.  I think Parker created more fast break opportunities than any other player.

As great as Petteway was last year we were kept in most of games last year with team defense.  

Pair that team defense with a couple of guys who can go off and take over a game (Shields, Pitchford and Petteway) and I think Nebraska has found a way to win.  

Yep. We were a top 25 defensive team last year, according to KenPom while our offense was 112. TP's breakout year masked a lot of our problems on offense. I don't see how our offense takes a major leap ahead this year, so the key again will be defense, defense, defense.

I love Rivers and Parker was my favorite Husker last year. I think Parker created more fast break opportunities than any other player.

Yep. We were a top 25 defensive team last year, according to KenPom while our offense was 112. TP's breakout year masked a lot of our problems on offense. I don't see how our offense takes a major leap ahead this year, so the key again will be defense, defense, defense.

While 112 is not exceptional, it's not awful. It's top 1/3. It wouldn't take a major leap to be top 60-70 this year. I see improvements from Petteway, Shields, Pitchford, and Webster, plus the addition of a true PG. Then if you get a Fuller as an added contributing weapon and it won't take much to bump the offense forward a bit.