Biggs to Texas Southern

hhcmatt

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Davis has added to TSU's roster in a wide variety of routes: (4) D-1 transfers, (3) JUCO's, (1) international & (1) H.S. player.

(Didn't realize until now that Bluejay Nevin Johnson moved on to TSU as well - thanks for the link, dimes)

Wow, Davis has added to TSU's roster in a wide variety of routes: (4) D-1 transfers, (3) JUCO's, (1) international & (1) H.S. player.

(Didn't realize until now that Bluejay Nevin Johnson moved on to TSU as well - thanks for the link, dimes)

Same here. Now the real test is trying to get them to work together. Sounds like they have the potential to have a pretty good season.

Someone has to win the SWAC and this seems like a good way to go about it.

Someone has to win the SWAC and this seems like a good way to go about it.

I kind of like Mike Davis... It felt like he seemed to have been run out of Indiana, not that many yrs after taking them to the NCAA title game~!

Hope it works out for Coach Davis at TSU this yr for him & Mr. Biggs.

Auroran, I was going to comment on Davis as well, but then the thread would probably belong in College Basketball rather than here.  But, since you mentioned it, Davis has kind of had a plummeting career without really being bad.  The NCAA Final was several years removed when Indiana canned him and he only really had 1 bad season (year 3 when they had a losing record.)  Otherwise, his IU teams finished 4th or better in the league 4 times in his 6 years and they reached the NCAA 2nd round the year he got fired.

At UAB, he had 15-16 records his first and last years but four 22+ win seasons sandwiched in between.

Thing is, in the modern day of college athletics, you're going to have a down year every now and again.  Just ask the guy who replaced Davis at IU.  He had 3 straight losing seasons to start his tenure at IU followed by a couple of Sweet 16s, but he barely broke even last year.  I have to think that Crean is on the clock and if he has another mediocre year this year, he's gotta be out of there.

Auroran, I was going to comment on Davis as well, but then the thread would probably belong in College Basketball rather than here.  But, since you mentioned it, Davis has kind of had a plummeting career without really being bad.  The NCAA Final was several years removed when Indiana canned him and he only really had 1 bad season (year 3 when they had a losing record.)  Otherwise, his IU teams finished 4th or better in the league 4 times in his 6 years and they reached the NCAA 2nd round the year he got fired.

At UAB, he had 15-16 records his first and last years but four 22+ win seasons sandwiched in between.

Thing is, in the modern day of college athletics, you're going to have a down year every now and again.  Just ask the guy who replaced Davis at IU.  He had 3 straight losing seasons to start his tenure at IU followed by a couple of Sweet 16s, but he barely broke even last year.  I have to think that Crean is on the clock and if he has another mediocre year this year, he's gotta be out of there.

Yep, I'd imagine that Crean is definitely on the clock with Hoosier fans!!! They want championships... sounds eerily similar to the Nebraska football fandom, doesn't it?

• 2 months later...