OT Kansas City Royals

hskr4life

Once again...I hope (because the game is still going on) 12:14 a.m.

Congratulations to all Royals everywhere!...especially the always blue, royalfan!

Great game of defense and late inning small ball!

Once again the late inning long ball...this time way out of there!

The Royals could be a team of destiny!

You have to give that Vargas kid credit also( not sure I spelled name right), to come back and have the start he had after that disaster of an appearance in the game against the A's. & IP 5 H 1 BB 5 Ks. and still throwing 100mph heat when he was taken out WOW.

I think you mean Yordano Ventura? Ventura pitched last night. Vargas pitched game one. Ventura was the one who came in in the 6th of the wildcard game and gave up the home run.

You have to give that Vargas kid credit also( not sure I spelled name right), to come back and have the start he had after that disaster of an appearance in the game against the A's. & IP 5 H 1 BB 5 Ks. and still throwing 100mph heat when he was taken out WOW.

I think you mean Yordano Ventura? Ventura pitched last night. Vargas pitched game one. Ventura was the one who came in in the 6th of the wildcard game and gave up the home run.

Yeah Ventura is the guy I was thinking about.

• 3 weeks later...

Rough start, and my concern is they have been fragile when things head south at times.  Was hoping to just front run the entire thing.  Gotta get one tomorrow. 

Thank goodness we have Miles.  Notice this verbal after game and all is okay again.  This kid has MASSIVE upside.  The kind of player that can create serious havoc on defense. 

This is baseball. Even the best teams lose many games, the best hitters make many outs, and the best pitchers get shelled on some nights. Baseball players learn early on that you just turn the page on a bad game and go on to the next one.

We will see.  Some teams (and I believe the Royals are one of them) will put bad games behind them.  They seem to be oblivious to everything swirling around them...but we will see.

I was worried about the long lay off for the Royals. Hadn't they played like 9 games in 12 or 13 days? They are a team that was on a HOT roll and the wait my have cooled that roll.

As we know sports is a lot about runs, games in a row, and even during games. They had to play so many innings in such a short time that they really didn't have time to think about it they were just flowing. Then 4 days off and I think they looked like they had thought about it too much.

But they are young and should come back and make it a fun series.

I'm actually in SF this week and it's nuts. Was in a hotel lobby at about 5:10 (had actually forgotten about the game starting early out here) and the place erupted. I'm thinking "that can't be good"' and sure 'nuff. I cheered for the Royals none the less and got some looks. If there are any other Royals fans in this town I haven't seen them. Hoping for a rebound in game 2 so I can represent.