Season Ticket Renewals

• 2 weeks later...

They are made available as single-game tickets on huskers.com in October. However, I don't believe we will have available nearly the number of single-game tickets as we did last year. The number of season ticket lapses was low, while the number of new season ticket holders will be significant.

Not so sure about that, season tickets were sold out last year and they are again this year.  If anything the number of tickets available will remain unchanged.

The only tickets available to the general public via the ticket office will be turn backs from visiting teams, so it should only be at most a few dozen tickets available through the ticket office for each game and probably only then will be made available shortly before game time.

Now, the secondary market is a different story...

Guys, you are reading "sold out Pinnacle Bank Arena" and thinking that means that we have 15,000 season ticket holders. That is simply not the case - at least last year (it's harder to predict this season). Last year, they received commitments for season tickets from a large number of Husker fans, but quite a few backed off when given the bill in August/September. In addition to that, they held back a number of tickets - well over 1,000 - for single game tickets that they never offered as season tickets in the first place. Even though it was quoted often, it was really not true to call PBA "sold out all season" or whatever I kept hearing. Am I the only one who noticed the empty sections of the 300 level in the exact same spots every game (except FGCU, Wisconsin, and 1-2 others)? Those were not season tickets. They were single game tickets available to be bought, but not sold.

I do think that the scenario you are describing will be much closer to the truth this year.

- A few "backed off" when the bill arrived in the summer last year, it was to be expected, and they filled those numbers in from the waiting list, just as they filled in the 3% of non-renewals from the waiting list this year

- Big Ten rules require each team to make a certain number of tickets available to visiting teams and there are also tickets held back for players' families, press and corporate sponsors.  There is no conspiracy by the AD to artificially claim a sell out, these tickets would be held back regardless...these sections total about a thousand seats

- The empty seats in the 300 level that we all saw at some games were apparently student section overflow areas...I have heard no reports that can confirm or deny this, but it makes sense to me and it also makes sense to me that there may be students that would choose to watch the game from the concourse area on the north end rather than all the way up there if they couldn't get in to the seats in 100 level

-  It may also shock you to know that there are a number of people (myself included) who are season ticket holders that didn't manage to make it to every single game, limiting attendance to less than 15,000 in more than a few cases, but the tickets remained sold.  It's a quaint concept I know, but it is the definition of "sell out".  (okay, that last one was a tad over the top on the snarky side, but most people should be able to understand the difference between a sell out and a full house)

At any event, the upshot of the deal is, there is no change in the number of season tickets sold from last year to this year.  They're all sold.  Ticket availability on the primary and secondary markets should remain pretty much unchanged.  Higher demand games like Michigan State, Indiana and yes, even Creighton, should be very difficult to come by.

I hope Nebraska fans will show up in full force at a certain game on December 7th against a certain team from up the road.  Just as a request...please don't sell your tickets to them. Limit their seating to however many the visitors are allotted.

They are made available as single-game tickets on huskers.com in October. However, I don't believe we will have available nearly the number of single-game tickets as we did last year. The number of season ticket lapses was low, while the number of new season ticket holders will be significant.

Not so sure about that, season tickets were sold out last year and they are again this year.  If anything the number of tickets available will remain unchanged.

The only tickets available to the general public via the ticket office will be turn backs from visiting teams, so it should only be at most a few dozen tickets available through the ticket office for each game and probably only then will be made available shortly before game time.

Guys, you are reading "sold out Pinnacle Bank Arena" and thinking that means that we have 15,000 season ticket holders. That is simply not the case - at least last year (it's harder to predict this season). Last year, they received commitments for season tickets from a large number of Husker fans, but quite a few backed off when given the bill in August/September. In addition to that, they held back a number of tickets - well over 1,000 - for single game tickets that they never offered as season tickets in the first place. Even though it was quoted often, it was really not true to call PBA "sold out all season" or whatever I kept hearing. Am I the only one who noticed the empty sections of the 300 level in the exact same spots every game (except FGCU, Wisconsin, and 1-2 others)? Those were not season tickets. They were single game tickets available to be bought, but not sold.

I do think that the scenario you are describing will be much closer to the truth this year.

- A few "backed off" when the bill arrived in the summer last year, it was to be expected, and they filled those numbers in from the waiting list, just as they filled in the 3% of non-renewals from the waiting list this year

- Big Ten rules require each team to make a certain number of tickets available to visiting teams and there are also tickets held back for players' families, press and corporate sponsors.  There is no conspiracy by the AD to artificially claim a sell out, these tickets would be held back regardless...these sections total about a thousand seats

- The empty seats in the 300 level that we all saw at some games were apparently student section overflow areas...I have heard no reports that can confirm or deny this, but it makes sense to me and it also makes sense to me that there may be students that would choose to watch the game from the concourse area on the north end rather than all the way up there if they couldn't get in to the seats in 100 level

-  It may also shock you to know that there are a number of people (myself included) who are season ticket holders that didn't manage to make it to every single game, limiting attendance to less than 15,000 in more than a few cases, but the tickets remained sold.  It's a quaint concept I know, but it is the definition of "sell out".  (okay, that last one was a tad over the top on the snarky side, but most people should be able to understand the difference between a sell out and a full house)

At any event, the upshot of the deal is, there is no change in the number of season tickets sold from last year to this year.  They're all sold.  Ticket availability on the primary and secondary markets should remain pretty much unchanged.  Higher demand games like Michigan State, Indiana and yes, even Creighton, should be very difficult to come by.

I hope Nebraska fans will show up in full force at a certain game on December 7th against a certain team from up the road.  Just as a request...please don't sell your tickets to them. Limit their seating to however many the visitors are allotted.

A potential thorn is that the Big Ten Championship is the night before in Indy.

The game doesn't start until 6:00 PM. If people in Indy are on the road by 7:30-8:00 AM, they should be in decent shape.

I got a letter from the Ticket Office this week, looks like I'm gonna get an upgrade to the 100 level!  Woo!

How many seats are you getting?

I just have one.

Ok...that might explain it. they might have had some single available. We were in the top five of the moving requests to move from 200 to 100 and they told us there weren't any available. Maybe they meant there weren't any other than singles. Thanks!

Well...that might eliminate some of the fans from that other school then too.

I got a letter from the Ticket Office this week, looks like I'm gonna get an upgrade to the 100 level!  Woo!

How many seats are you getting?

I just have one.

Ok...that might explain it. they might have had some single available. We were in the top five of the moving requests to move from 200 to 100 and they told us there weren't any available. Maybe they meant there weren't any other than singles. Thanks!

Yeah, I had three options in mind when requesting upgrades, going from one to two seats, going from 200 to 100, or both.  I figured my best chance would be the second one.  Hopefully down the road I can get two seats, but I figured getting down to 100 and a higher donor level would be the quickest path to where I want to end up.

Not so sure about that, season tickets were sold out last year and they are again this year. If anything the number of tickets available will remain unchanged.

- Big Ten rules require each team to make a certain number of tickets available to visiting teams and there are also tickets held back for players' families, press and corporate sponsors. There is no conspiracy by the AD to artificially claim a sell out, these tickets would be held back regardless...these sections total about a thousand seats

- It may also shock you to know that there are a number of people (myself included) who are season ticket holders that didn't manage to make it to every single game, limiting attendance to less than 15,000 in more than a few cases, but the tickets remained sold. It's a quaint concept I know, but it is the definition of "sell out". (okay, that last one was a tad over the top on the snarky side, but most people should be able to understand the difference between a sell out and a full house)

At any event, the upshot of the deal is, there is no change in the number of season tickets sold from last year to this year. They're all sold. Ticket availability on the primary and secondary markets should remain pretty much unchanged. Higher demand games like Michigan State, Indiana and yes, even Creighton, should be very difficult to come by.

I hope Nebraska fans will show up in full force at a certain game on December 7th against a certain team from up the road. Just as a request...please don't sell your tickets to them. Limit their seating to however many the visitors are allotted.

Well...that might eliminate some of the Creighton fans then too.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner

Not so sure about that, season tickets were sold out last year and they are again this year. If anything the number of tickets available will remain unchanged.

- Big Ten rules require each team to make a certain number of tickets available to visiting teams and there are also tickets held back for players' families, press and corporate sponsors. There is no conspiracy by the AD to artificially claim a sell out, these tickets would be held back regardless...these sections total about a thousand seats

- It may also shock you to know that there are a number of people (myself included) who are season ticket holders that didn't manage to make it to every single game, limiting attendance to less than 15,000 in more than a few cases, but the tickets remained sold. It's a quaint concept I know, but it is the definition of "sell out". (okay, that last one was a tad over the top on the snarky side, but most people should be able to understand the difference between a sell out and a full house)

At any event, the upshot of the deal is, there is no change in the number of season tickets sold from last year to this year. They're all sold. Ticket availability on the primary and secondary markets should remain pretty much unchanged. Higher demand games like Michigan State, Indiana and yes, even Creighton, should be very difficult to come by.

I hope Nebraska fans will show up in full force at a certain game on December 7th against a certain team from up the road. Just as a request...please don't sell your tickets to them. Limit their seating to however many the visitors are allotted.

Of course that's true. But there's no question it would still eliminate a higher percentage of Husker fans than Creighton fans. There are still a ton of Creighton fans that hate Nebraska in all sports.

lol...thanks...I'm going off three hours of sleep. Mind isn't all there. :P

Perhaps we should officially declare December 7th as a "NO jay day" that will live in infamy!