Season Ticket Renewals

I spoke them right before I renewed and was told that I was not happy with the upgraded seats I would have the option to keep my current seats and would not be charged if I declined the upgrade.

Conflicting reports. Typical ticket office. They have no clue what is going on and you get a different answer depending on who you talk to. Who knows what will actually happen.

There is a reminder process for anyone that didn't get their payments in by the 25th, so there are a few more steps to go through before it's all said and done.

What is that, by chance???

I think they go through a process where if you did not renew...they don't act like "Well, you snooze, you lose!"...but rather they send an email etc telling you goodbye unless you...

I think I got one of those once when they crossed in the mail.

Don't let it happen with Basketball or you will never get back in to what is now becoming the toughest ticket in the state!

Thank you Tim Miles...and TO for the forsight to make it so!

There is a reminder process for anyone that didn't get their payments in by the 25th, so there are a few more steps to go through before it's all said and done.

I think they go through a process where if you did not renew...they don't act like "Well, you snooze, you lose!"...but rather they send an email etc telling you goodbye unless you...

Don't let it happen with Basketball or you will never get back in to what is now becoming the toughest ticket in the state!

Yep, they shoot you an email as a heads up and send another invoice with the opportunity to still renew.  The new deadline is tomorrow.  I know b/c this was me.  I renewed tonight....so I'm still "N" !!

Speaking of the toughest ticket thing, I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been any talk yet about finishing out the upper bowls in the PBA yet.  If demand for season tickets remains high, it seems like it's only a matter of time.

Speaking of the toughest ticket thing, I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been any talk yet about finishing out the upper bowls in the PBA yet.  If demand for season tickets remains high, it seems like it's only a matter of time.

Hold your horses. PBA was only truly sold out for a couple of games last year. We need to show that it can be full for more games beyond a Wisconsin-caliber opponent to even think about expanding.

Well...don't everyone get your hopes up. We were in the top part of the seat moving....and we just got the call from the ticket office that said that we aren't moving and that almost all the seats given up were in the 300 level of the arena. So I guess if you are in the 300 level and you want to move over or move down a row in the 300 level you will be able to. Just no movement into the 100-200 level this year. 

Well...don't everyone get your hopes up. We were in the top part of the seat moving....and we just got the call from the ticket office that said that we aren't moving and that almost all the seats given up were in the 300 level of the arena. So I guess if you are in the 300 level and you want to move over or move down a row in the 300 level you will be able to. Just no movement into the 100-200 level this year. 

Sounds like the donations for these levels might increase next year ifRwe have a good season, then.

Hold your horses. PBA was only truly sold out for a couple of games last year. We need to show that it can be full for more games beyond a Wisconsin-caliber opponent to even think about expanding.

So, if most games aren't truly sold out, how far in advance of the game are tickets made available?

So, if most games aren't truly sold out, how far in advance of the game are tickets made available?

They are made available as single-game tickets on huskers.com in October. However, I don't believe we will have available nearly the number of single-game tickets as we did last year. The number of season ticket lapses was low, while the number of new season ticket holders will be significant.

They are made available as single-game tickets on huskers.com in October. However, I don't believe we will have available nearly the number of single-game tickets as we did last year. The number of season ticket lapses was low, while the number of new season ticket holders will be significant.

Not so sure about that, season tickets were sold out last year and they are again this year.  If anything the number of tickets available will remain unchanged.

The only tickets available to the general public via the ticket office will be turn backs from visiting teams, so it should only be at most a few dozen tickets available through the ticket office for each game and probably only then will be made available shortly before game time.

Now, the secondary market is a different story...

Not so sure about that, season tickets were sold out last year and they are again this year.  If anything the number of tickets available will remain unchanged.

The only tickets available to the general public via the ticket office will be turn backs from visiting teams, so it should only be at most a few dozen tickets available through the ticket office for each game and probably only then will be made available shortly before game time.

Guys, you are reading "sold out Pinnacle Bank Arena" and thinking that means that we have 15,000 season ticket holders. That is simply not the case - at least last year (it's harder to predict this season). Last year, they received commitments for season tickets from a large number of Husker fans, but quite a few backed off when given the bill in August/September. In addition to that, they held back a number of tickets - well over 1,000 - for single game tickets that they never offered as season tickets in the first place. Even though it was quoted often, it was really not true to call PBA "sold out all season" or whatever I kept hearing. Am I the only one who noticed the empty sections of the 300 level in the exact same spots every game (except FGCU, Wisconsin, and 1-2 others)? Those were not season tickets. They were single game tickets available to be bought, but not sold.

I do think that the scenario you are describing will be much closer to the truth this year.

Not so sure about that, season tickets were sold out last year and they are again this year. If anything the number of tickets available will remain unchanged.

Guys, you are reading "sold out Pinnacle Bank Arena" and thinking that means that we have 15,000 season ticket holders. That is simply not the case - at least last year (it's harder to predict this season). Last year, they received commitments for season tickets from a large number of Husker fans, but quite a few backed off when given the bill in August/September. In addition to that, they held back a number of tickets - well over 1,000 - for single game tickets that they never offered as season tickets in the first place. Even though it was quoted often, it was really not true to call PBA "sold out all season" or whatever I kept hearing. Am I the only one who noticed the empty sections of the 300 level in the exact same spots every game (except FGCU, Wisconsin, and 1-2 others)? Those were not season tickets. They were single game tickets available to be bought, but not sold.

I do think that the scenario you are describing will be much closer to the truth this year.

This season, when I renewed my 100 level season tickets I had to pay for the tickets and the donation...So any of the tickets that are "sold" have also been paid for.

There is also 1,300 people on the waiting list.

Also, don't forget that last season Nebraska was picked to finish last in the Big Ten. There wasn't any hype around the team, so alot of fans probably weren't getting swept up in the excitement.

This season, Nebraska returns everyone from the team last year. The Huskers are ranked in the top-25 in most lists and are picked as high as 2nd in the Big Ten. There is more hype around this team than I can ever remember (including the national media). People can't even stop talking about Nebraska basketball in the middle of football season.

PBA will be full this season.

- A few "backed off" when the bill arrived in the summer last year, it was to be expected, and they filled those numbers in from the waiting list, just as they filled in the 3% of non-renewals from the waiting list this year

- Big Ten rules require each team to make a certain number of tickets available to visiting teams and there are also tickets held back for players' families, press and corporate sponsors.  There is no conspiracy by the AD to artificially claim a sell out, these tickets would be held back regardless...these sections total about a thousand seats

- The empty seats in the 300 level that we all saw at some games were apparently student section overflow areas...I have heard no reports that can confirm or deny this, but it makes sense to me and it also makes sense to me that there may be students that would choose to watch the game from the concourse area on the north end rather than all the way up there if they couldn't get in to the seats in 100 level

-  It may also shock you to know that there are a number of people (myself included) who are season ticket holders that didn't manage to make it to every single game, limiting attendance to less than 15,000 in more than a few cases, but the tickets remained sold.  It's a quaint concept I know, but it is the definition of "sell out".  (okay, that last one was a tad over the top on the snarky side, but most people should be able to understand the difference between a sell out and a full house)

At any event, the upshot of the deal is, there is no change in the number of season tickets sold from last year to this year.  They're all sold.  Ticket availability on the primary and secondary markets should remain pretty much unchanged.  Higher demand games like Michigan State, Indiana and yes, even Creighton, should be very difficult to come by.

- A few "backed off" when the bill arrived in the summer last year, it was to be expected, and they filled those numbers in from the waiting list, just as they filled in the 3% of non-renewals from the waiting list this year

Hopefully the rude and bad sportsmanship exhibited from last season's treatment of opposing teams has driven Jean Peck to be part of the 3% non renewals!  :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I called the ticket office this morning for an update on tickets. They said that single-game ticket availability will be very few and far between - definitely more so than last year. They are finalizing that process and if they do go on sale, it will be around October 29. And if they do have some, it sounded like most tickets available would be singles. Also, they will be sending season tickets in the mail around October 23.