Season Ticket Renewals

Except that the "Facility Fee" adds $17 per season ticket to your bill. According to someone in the NU ticket office this morning NU absorbed this fee last season, and this season is passing it on. It's nice that they did this but really this fee should have been added to last season's invoices, because no matter where the money is going to or for any thing more than what I paid last season is still a price increase.

Also side note - I'm hearing that parking prices are increasing however (at least a the MarketPlace Lot on the corner of 10th & Q).

You haven't found Norm's spot, yet, huh?

No idea who or what you are talking about or referring to, sorry.

Except that the "Facility Fee" adds $17 per season ticket to your bill. According to someone in the NU ticket office this morning NU absorbed this fee last season, and this season is passing it on. It's nice that they did this but really this fee should have been added to last season's invoices, because no matter where the money is going to or for any thing more than what I paid last season is still a price increase.

Also side note - I'm hearing that parking prices are increasing however (at least a the MarketPlace Lot on the corner of 10th & Q).

I don't think Norm's paid for parking in about a decade. Probably longer than that.

I don't think Norm's paid for parking in about a decade. Probably longer than that.

I heard that Norm walks uphill both ways in order to get to the game.

Some guys will do anything for more concessions!

He does, actually.

Longer.  I paid for towing once, though.   (j/k)

http://www.cornnation.com/2014/6/6/5786478/nebraska-paying-less-than-zero-to-play-basketball-at-pinnacle-bank

• On each ticket, the city of Lincoln charges a surcharge on each ticket.  $1 for each ticket goes back to the athletic department, per the lease arrangement.

Does anyone know if the facility fee differs from the City of Lincoln surcharge or did we not have this fee passed on to us last year because the arena had already agreed to cover this for the University? 

I'm curious to see how the ticket office handles being "sold out". I'm curious to see how they handle requests to move because there are certain to be way more people who want to move than there are seats to move to. Given the history of the ticket office, they are bound to screw something up.

I really didn't have a huge issue with the railing  from my 200 level row 2 seats. Unless there was a play on the near sideline, which 99% of the game happened away from there, it wasn't an issue and if I leaned forward a bit at those times, it didn't interfere at all. Really, once the game started, I didn't even notice it.

I really didn't have a huge issue with the railing  from my 200 level row 2 seats. Unless there was a play on the near sideline, which 99% of the game happened away from there, it wasn't an issue and if I leaned forward a bit at those times, it didn't interfere at all. Really, once the game started, I didn't even notice it.

Totally agree, 322 front row, the rail,is higher and it disappears as the game goes on. Got to love the brain, and how it works. And if they had put in plexiglass, it would have gotten scratched up and hard to look through too. I could see some kids carving some things into the glass. Those are the same kids who are always on my lawn!

They'll handle any move requests by priority points....those who have the most get moved first and so on down the line. Moves are done before new seats are assigned.

I know when my dad went in to get our seats changed they told him were were in the top 5 of the list of people that requested moves. I honestly don't have a clue how much he's donated...or how many points he has as I've never really asked.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard how season ticket renewals are going (or, depending on the due date, how they went)? While the renewal percentage will be very high, it won't be 100% and I'm sure that the ticket office will be opening up those seats to the available public.

Also, I wonder how many "regular seats" the ticket office will hold back from season ticket sales to allow for single-game ticket purchases.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of time frame last years ticket holders are getting to renew? It is impossible to find an update online anywhere??

My renewal was due August 25th. I'm assuming that was the deadline for everybody. Once they collected all of the renewals I'm assuming it will take a bit to sort through all of the current season ticket holders requests and grant those based on priority points. Once those are sorted out, then they can determine the exact number of open seats (if any) and start offering those to wait list people. I'm guessing someone has to be pretty high on the wait list to have a decent shot.

I can't remember for sure but it seems like last year tickets came in the mail about the 3rd week of October. So they have some time.