good read on Cincore and Romeo

kansashusker

Nice read.  Can hardly wait for the season to start.  The OWH and LJS have done an excellent job of writing articles on the women's basketball team and keeping the team in the news.  My dream is that someday in the not to distant future the lady Huskers will be in the same sentence has UConn, ND, Baylor etc.

GBR

Nice read.  Can hardly wait for the season to start.  The OWH and LJS have done an excellent job of writing articles on the women's basketball team and keeping the team in the news.  My dream is that someday in the not to distant future the lady Huskers will be in the same sentence has UConn, ND, Baylor etc.

GBR

The way Yori has managed the program I like our chances of that dream becoming a reality.

“I’m going to put 100 percent into it, and I don’t know where that’s going to take me — hopefully far — but that what’s I’m going to do,” Romeo said.

I think Husker fans are going to love this kid! I won't lie, Natalie's the player I'm most anxious to see come November. I watched a couple of her high school games on line and have no doubt she can come in here and make an impact right away.

Smith is certainly big enough and athletic enough to play the 2 and 3; where as I would guess Kaylee paige will play the 3 would be my guess.  I think when Natalie plays she will be the 1 and Rachel will slide to the 2.  Rachel will be our best player and should really have a great year now that she will have to be more assertive.  When Darrien plays I am guessing she will be strictly a 5.

Red Steve why don't we designate you are our "fly on the wall" and you can sneak into a couple practices in a janitor costume or something and then report back how they look. smile

Basically going forward we need to replace JHoop's 20 some points and 10 rebounds per game. I'm not too worried about rebounds as I think we're going to be a good rebounding team, and they surely can come up with at least 20 points somewhere. Hopefully some of these newbies coming in can make up for 20 plus points per game. Chandler was recruited to play the 2 or 3, it will be fun to watch her as she develops.

I'm not so sure that they've had an open practice for a couple of years now. I know it's pretty hard to find space for visitors in the Hendricks complex to watch and they don't use the Devaney floor as that's now for volleyball.

Smith is certainly big enough and athletic enough to play the 2 and 3; where as I would guess Kaylee paige will play the 3 would be my guess.  I think when Natalie plays she will be the 1 and Rachel will slide to the 2.  Rachel will be our best player and should really have a great year now that she will have to be more assertive.  When Darrien plays I am guessing she will be strictly a 5.

Red Steve why don't we designate you are our "fly on the wall" and you can sneak into a couple practices in a janitor costume or something and then report back how they look. smile

Yea, it would be fun to watch the practices, and see who's picking up the pace...but unfortunately we aren't quite that lucky.

The retired coach in me would love to watch parctices.

But we'll be able to see where Connie's going after a few games.

There are endless possibilities of combinations...pretty sure Yori's going to do several experiements early on, then settle in on some rotations. But it will take a while to sort things out, so each team on the floor, can be productive.

And Yori will have more opprtunities to do more "match ups", like are seen in men's basketball....bit really don't know if she's been able to do a lot of that kind of thing.  (don't mean to just put Sample on their best scorer)

Like Row said, and I've mentioned it before, the fill in for Hooper is the key for team points production. Finding 20 ppg is no easy task. That's a bunch of points. For any new player to average 10 ppg, is a big task.

It may take a couple (or 3) players in combination to find the extra scoring.

The 4 returning starters will probably start early on, and still see Havers as the first to get the chance as the 5th starter. She fit's into the role needed by the loss of Hoops.

Overall though, it would appear that we will have lot's more scoring potential coming off the bench, than for quite a while.

This last years recruits provide excellent....both front and back court support.