In-state rivals...

More appropriate comparisons:

Kansas -- Wichita State

Illinois -- Bradley

Stanford -- Saint Mary's

Tennessee -- Belmont

Texas A&M -- UTEP

and so on.

I mean, it's okay to hate on Creighton...but the "rivalry" is pretty superficial if you ask me.  The schools you mentioned, cwg, are all mostly peer institutions, except Georgia and Georgia State (you sure you didn't mean Georgia Tech?), and most of them are also all in the same conference.

The only thing NU and Creighton have in common are that they are in the same state and they both have the Huskers as their football team.

Why does:

North Carolina hate Duke?

Kansas hate KSU?

Iowa hate Iowa State

Oklahoma hate Oklahoma State

Michigan hate Michigan State

Florida hate Florida State

Auburn hate Alabama

Georgia hate Georgia State

Kentucky hate Louisville

UCLA hate USC

Arizona hate Arizona State

Washington hate Washington State

Oregon hate Oregon State

In-state rivals...

Kansas -- Wichita State

Illinois -- Bradley

Stanford -- Saint Mary's

Tennessee -- Belmont

Texas A&M -- UTEP

and so on.

I mean, it's okay to hate on Creighton...but the "rivalry" is pretty superficial if you ask me.  The schools you mentioned, cwg, are all mostly peer institutions, except Georgia and Georgia State (you sure you didn't mean Georgia Tech?), and most of them are also all in the same conference.

The only thing NU and Creighton have in common are that they are in the same state and they both have the Huskers as their football team.

These don't really work either. 

These are schools where the power conference school has had staggeringly more success than the mid major. That's not the case here. Creighton has had much more success than NU and has for a while now. I'm not sure there is a comp. Washington and Gonzaga? I don't know if they play regularly, though. Virginia and VCU? I don't know that they play often either. Despite their conferences not being peers, NU and CU are. And now that they're in conferences that are a little closer to each other, the comps on the first list could be closer to the comps on the second over the next few years.

Why does:

North Carolina hate Duke?

Kansas hate KSU?

Iowa hate Iowa State

Oklahoma hate Oklahoma State

Michigan hate Michigan State

Florida hate Florida State

Auburn hate Alabama

Georgia hate Georgia State

Kentucky hate Louisville

UCLA hate USC

Arizona hate Arizona State

Washington hate Washington State

Oregon hate Oregon State

In-state rivals...

Kansas -- Wichita State

Illinois -- Bradley

Stanford -- Saint Mary's

Tennessee -- Belmont

Texas A&M -- UTEP

and so on.

These don't really work either. 

These are schools where the power conference school has had staggeringly more success than the mid major. That's not the case here. Creighton has had much more success than NU and has for a while now. I'm not sure there is a comp. Washington and Gonzaga? I don't know if they play regularly, though. Virginia and VCU? I don't know that they play often either. Despite their conferences not being peers, NU and CU are. And now that they're in conferences that are a little closer to each other, the comps on the first list could be closer to the comps on the second over the next few years.

Wisconsin and Marquette would be a very good comparison, since it is the same two conferences we are talking about. They definitely have a strong rivalry, although I'm not sure whether the Marquette fans support Wisconsin football