2014-15 New Husker Measurements

hhcmatt

Is this the right forum to ask about and incoming freshman walkon? I saw BJ Day listed above and watched some HUDL of two games on him. A little surprised we're taking him.

He is not on scholarship is he?  If not what is the big deal? 

Regardless of being a walkon you still want guys who are athletic enough to either have a legitimate shot at seeing some PT down the road or at the very least athletic enough to provide decent competition in practice. Watch his HUDL film and then tell me your impression of him.

Is this the right forum to ask about and incoming freshman walkon? I saw BJ Day listed above and watched some HUDL of two games on him. A little surprised we're taking him.

Haven't watched the videos.  We're talking about a Nebraska native who is the son of a former player and he's 6'5" As long as he has any sort of work ethic and the right attitude it's a no-brainer to have him on this squad.  Anything beyond that is bonus.

Here is an article from Mississippi that says an Eddie Taylor will be trying to walk on at NU.

http://www.pressregister.com/news/article_5a2d1f6a-02ca-11e4-a481-001a4bcf887a.html

I am not sure whether this is just his wish or whether it is arranged with the staff...Anybody know?

What little I found on his stats was not world beater stuff, but who knows?

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/eddie-taylor/SbjyF_TpEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm