season tickets process

sayelr

So I was looking into season tickets, which i've never been able to buy for any sport.  I saw the wait list for basketball, along with a 25$ fee, but i couldn't find any estimates of how much tickets are.  Also, i really had no idea about the donation system, seems kind of shady to me, why not just raise prices to the level that the market dictates, instead of extra 'donations' along with the ticket price.  I guess I knew it was like that for the top end tickets, but not to this extent.  Enough of my poor person ranting, I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit more about how the waitlist works, and how much prices are for different seating levels.  I'm willing to pay the 25 bucks but if the tickets are all way out of my price range then it would be nice to know before wasting money. 

I am not being a smart butt.

Most of us don't know how the wait list works for basketball because there hasn't been one in a long LONG time.  Your best bet is to call the ticket office.  I know they had season tickets for $99 a pop last year, no donation required.  Obviously this year there will be a LOT more demand.

As to the donation system... that is just kinda how college athletics works.  And the market does dictate how much people are willing to donate.

Before all the season tickets were sold out they used to have a readable schematic of the seats and the prices. Now you have to go to tickets renewals and unfortunately the chart they show is too small to read. Basically you are left with telling them how many tickets you want, how much donation if any you are willing to pay in addition to the cost of the tickets and any other preferences you might have. We have 2 tickets in level 2 towards a corner of the court. There is no donation required for our seats and they only cost $200 per seat. Worked out to $11 per ticket, per game. The sight lines are excellent.

You probably are better off talking to someone in the ticket office to clarify any questions you may have.

Thanks for the replies.  I guess it's true about not having a waitlist recently, but I assume the whole process is similar to football (which I know nothing about)?  I thought I'd heard season tix were around 100 previously, just wasn't sure if they'd gone up in the last 3 years or so.  I'm sure they'll be more than that this year, but as long as it's not 5+ times that, I'd be willing to pay.  I JUST WANNA WATCH NEBRASKETBALL, now that I actually have some extra spending money :)

sidenote:  Does it seem like we used to actually get more televised non con games in the big 12?  I thought the big ten network was supposed to give us so much coverage, yet the last couple years i've been frustrated to see reruns of garbage, or the same game on all 3 big ten channels, instead of our games.  We're respectable now, hopefully they'll pick up more of our games, even if they are against some lesser opponents.

I believe they still have season tickets for $99 each. Of course they are in the upper tier. In fact I first bought season tickets for the first time ever after Tim Miles was hired. They were the $99 seats in the old Devaney Center. For most games we were able to move closer to the court. The next season was when the new arena opened and that same pricing was still available but we decided to upgrade our seats. With the way the PBA is designed more vertically, the upper tier seats are much closer to the court than at the Devaney Center.

sidenote:  Does it seem like we used to actually get more televised non con games in the big 12?  I thought the big ten network was supposed to give us so much coverage, yet the last couple years i've been frustrated to see reruns of garbage, or the same game on all 3 big ten channels, instead of our games.  We're respectable now, hopefully they'll pick up more of our games, even if they are against some lesser opponents.

BTN had every Husker home non-con game on their network, except for Miami which was on ESPN. BTN doesn't have any control over Husker road games or tournaments. Those games games were all controlled by ESPN or Fox Sports.

Nope, since joining the Big Ten, every men's game has been available for viewing either online or on BTN or ESPN. Most games that were aired live on BTN.com eventually made it to BTN at least once. Our last season in the Big 12, if huskers.com is correct, there were 11 games that were radio only. No moving pictures of any sort, that included a couple of conference games.

Nope, since joining the Big Ten, every men's game has been available for viewing either online or on BTN or ESPN. Most games that were aired live on BTN.com eventually made it to BTN at least once. Our last season in the Big 12, if huskers.com is correct, there were 11 games that were radio only. No moving pictures of any sort, that included a couple of conference games.

That deal we played in El Paso wasn't on TV except for some local station down in Texas or some sketchy online stream.  But otherwise, you're mostly right...  :)

i see, is that btn.com live stream option free?  A couple years back I went to try to watch something and they wanted a subscription.  I didn't know btn only has access to our home games, makes sense.

It's a subscription based site, I think it is 14 bucks a month. But you do get to watch all of the big ten teams in what ever sport except football.BTN2GO is free but it runs through your cable or your Dish provider.