Leslee Smith out for 2014-15 with an ACL tear

hhcmatt

Thankful for his tremendous effort this past season. Was really hoping to see more of him and Pitch on the floor together this season. Hoping he can come back, but replacing that current junior class is going to be brutal. During his rehab, when he can't run, coaches just need to put him in front of the shooting machine simply to catch the balls being thrown to him. He would be twice as good if his he could catch the ball a bit better.

We seem to now be in the same boat as last year.  We now have Agewbe instead of Smith with Pitchford the only choice to play the center when Agewbe needs a break.  With Smith's knee problems, it seems to me we should have recruited someone to spell him.  I still think we need to wait before we think that this staff can recruit.  The jury is still out as I see it.  I was looking forward to a very good season but we definitely need a big body down low.  Having seen Hammond may times at Sunrise his junior year unless he has greatly improved, he is not the answer.  i hope I am dead wrong but rebounding was a problem last year and with Smith done, it will still be a problem this year.  As to the future, Morrow, White, Batiste and others would be nice but unless they get on board quickly I don't see it happening.  I hope I have to eat a lot of crow.  I don't see that Agewbe is going to give us any more than Smith did.  Statistics seem to show that.  I hate to be so negative but I have waited nearly 60 years and finally I thought it might happen but once again it looks like we will find it hard just to duplicate last year.  I hope Tai has greatly improved and that Fuller can add some scoring and maybe the Smith kid can help do some scoring from the point but it is hard for me to see Pitchford, Petteway, and Shields having much better years than last.  Other than that, we will be short on numbers once again and that will lead to fatigue with the grinding schedule we have.

it is hard for me to see Pitchford, Petteway, and Shields having much better years than last. 

Why? What other major talents (or minor ones) were not better all through their early 20's than they were the year before?

JBJ, Bird. Magic. MJ. Wilt, Dougie Howser, whoever...I typically expect improvement each year from an exceptional athlete until well past the expiration of their college eligibility, barring injury.

I am not claiming that any of our crowd muscle into this elite company listed...merely using easy to recognize examples as illustrations...

If you like instead insert:

Brandon Ubel. Bo Spencer, Dylan Talley, Sek Henry, Lance Jeter, Mikki Moore....etc. better each year they were here.

That is one of the beauties of college athletics...you get to see the blossoming production!

it is hard for me to see Pitchford, Petteway, and Shields having much better years than last. 

Why? What other major talents (or minor ones) were not better all through their early 20's than they were the year before?

JBJ, Bird. Magic. MJ. Wilt, Dougie Howser, whoever...I typically expect improvement each year from an exceptional athlete until well past the expiration of their college eligibility, barring injury.

I am not claiming that any of our crowd muscle into this elite company listed...merely using easy to recognize examples as illustrations...

If you like instead insert:

Brandon Ubel. Bo Spencer, Dylan Talley, Sek Henry, Lance Jeter, Mikki Moore....etc. better each year they were here.

That is one of the beauties of college athletics...you get to see the blossoming production!

I agree Trickey! I expect to see both Petteway and Shields playing better this year. And I have high hopes that Pitchford takes a big step forward. He was putting the ball on the floor and driving at the end of last year. If Pitchford develops his dribble drive and a back to the basket move or two he could be the best of the bunch.

Agewbe

That's an interesting way to spell it...   :)

He wants to go by Abraham now, anyway. Moses Abraham.

I expect him to change that again before basketball season starts so I'm not getting to invested in calling him Moses Abraham just yet.

Looks like Hammond will not be redshirting because of this injury

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/99538/3-point-shot-nit-format-good-for-st-johns

Time for Terran to introduce Hammond to his workout program like he did Tai to help him add weight and get stronger.

Anyone know how many free throws the shoot a day for practice? Do they keep track of time spent or shots attempted? Whatever it is Hammond needs to spend extra time at it too.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/99538/3-point-shot-nit-format-good-for-st-johns

Time for Terran to introduce Hammond to his workout program like he did Tai to help him add weight and get stronger.

Anyone know how many free throws the shoot a day for practice? Do they keep track of time spent or shots attempted? Whatever it is Hammond needs to spend extra time at it too.

Rumor has it that they only shoot half-court shots during practice.

Rumor has it that they only shoot half-court shots during practice.

WHAT ARE WE PAYING THOSSE COACHES FOR ANYWAYS THEY CAN'T EVEN STOP GOLFING LONG ENOUGH TO WHIP THOSE BOYS INTO SHAPE WE'RE GONNA LOSE ALL OUR GAMES OMG!!!!