• Germany
    • Argentina
    • Brazil
    • Columbia
    • Netherlands
    • Costa Rica
    • Belgium

What is the world cup?

Obviously you know what it is and under normal circumstances I would ignore it but why would you go on a thead about the WC and make that lame joke. There's no point poking the bee hive unless you're Ann Coulter and get paid to act the fool. Politics and sports shouldn't mix and feel free to make your anti-jokes with your crowd but there's very little difference between what you did and when some Creighton fan trolls this board.

What is the world cup?

Obviously you know what it is and under normal circumstances I would ignore it but why would you go on a thead about the WC and make that lame joke. There's no point poking the bee hive unless you're Ann Coulter and get paid to act the fool. Politics and sports shouldn't mix and feel free to make your anti-jokes with your crowd but there's very little difference between what you did and when some Creighton fan trolls this board.

7etMxbi.gif

To piggy back, Colhusker, you are the guy that just said, "Nebraska has a basketball team?" to us.

What is the world cup?

Dean, I have no problem with you smacking Colhusker for coming on the thread and dissing soccer, but it seems that you, and only you, brought politics into the thread. 

What is the world cup?

Dean, I have no problem with you smacking Colhusker for coming on the thread and dissing soccer, but it seems that you, and only you, brought politics into the thread. 

Actually, I thought Jimmy did it when he asked who HHS favored.  But I see it was edited to read "HHC."

Actually I meant it to read HHH for Hubert Horatio Humphrey but thought it might be too political. I wonder who President Obama favors now that the US is out and we have allowed politics to taint our pudding?

Actually, Humphrey gets an exemption from the political ban, since he's from Doland, South Dakota, also the hometown of someone near and dear to HHC. :)

What is the world cup?

You'll have to go back and show me where I mentioned politics. I compared two people who I thought needlessly poked the bee hive. Now one of them seems to have some connection to political commentary but I'm not sure where pro or anti soccer statements place you on the political spectrum. I didn't realize pointing out hive pokers placed me on a political "team."

It is OK to sometimes be critical of your favorite basketball team but never your favorite political team? I've never discussed the balance between political and economic freedom nor the fundamental nature of Man on this board so I'm pretty sure you'd have no accurate idea of my political leanings, nor do I have any interest in offering any clues on a basketball board.

What is the world cup?

You'll have to go back and show me where I mentioned politics. I compared two people who I thought needlessly poked the bee hive. Now one of them seems to have some connection to political commentary but I'm not sure where pro or anti soccer statements place you on the political spectrum. I didn't realize pointing out hive pokers placed me on a political "team."

It is OK to sometimes be critical of your favorite basketball team but never your favorite political team? I've never discussed the balance between political and economic freedom nor the fundamental nature of Man on this board so I'm pretty sure you'd have no accurate idea of my political leanings, nor do I have any interest in offering any clues on a basketball board.

Then why didn't you mention Keith Olbermann instead of, or in addition to, Ann Coulter? He's a classic "hive poker", not to mention mean as hell and dismissive to anyone not agreeing with his views. Anyway, read your own post. You mentioned politics.

You've hammered people on here who don't like soccer since the beginning of time. You know, not everyone needs to like the sport. You're quite defensive about it.

You've gotta hand it to the Ticos. Holland is clearly the better team. Great to see this one go into extra time.

Agree it will be a shame if the Dutch loose this to PK's because they have at least have made some good efforts to score. After the first half the Ticos have kind of gone into a defensive shell and held on. It has been about as good as you will see in how to bend but not break. Great, great defense. Also happy that this ref has let the contact in the box go, for both sides.