Petteway offseason article

doc1394

Sigh...I wish every player through the Husker program from this point forward would have the work ethic of this young man!

The newspapers forgot to tell everyone that Shavon Shields worked out everyday in Kansas with trainers and Nick Fuller worked out everyday with personal trainers in Wisconsin during their summer break.

Sounds like if he has the year that we are all expecting from him that he will be gone after this year. 

Well, getting kids to the NBA is kind of the point.  If he is able to go early, that's only going to be another great selling point for coach when it comes to recruiting.

And if he IS good enough to go early, than that more than likely means we've had a very special season...which I'll take in a heartbeat.

I have no problems with the double negatives, especially if he takes his game to yet another level.  This may be a very, very sweet experience this year.

I think I will renew my tickets....

I have no problems with the double negatives, especially if he takes his game to yet another level.  This may be a very, very sweet experience this year.

Definitely will not consider not renewing my tickets.... ;)

Definitely will not consider not renewing my tickets.... ;)

The strange thing about this year...

We didn't start from the bottom and now we're not here.

• 3 weeks later...

He is now back from the Durant camp and back working out...good follow up article>

The 6-foot-6 junior, listed at 209 pounds a year ago, was closer to 200 by season’s end. Now, he’s at 218 pounds with a body-fat reading of about 3 percent. He also recently bench pressed 245 pounds six times in succession and squatted 405 pounds.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/terran-petteway-improving-in-offseason-through-lifting-skills-camp/article_4f6fc1e5-08db-54bf-9549-cfc5b0488941.html

He is now back from the Durant camp and back working out...good follow up article>

The 6-foot-6 junior, listed at 209 pounds a year ago, was closer to 200 by season’s end. Now, he’s at 218 pounds with a body-fat reading of about 3 percent. He also recently bench pressed 245 pounds six times in succession and squatted 405 pounds.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/terran-petteway-improving-in-offseason-through-lifting-skills-camp/article_4f6fc1e5-08db-54bf-9549-cfc5b0488941.html

That's beastly.  Can't wait to see him on the court again. 

Nothing more than a gut feeling( or wishful thinking ) on my part, but I think he thinks he sticks around Lincoln 2 more years. I think he understands what he is a part of now and wants to see just how far the ride will go. The NBA will always be there, and imagine his draft stock if he's a 1st team All-American after his Senior year.

Nothing more than a gut feeling( or wishful thinking ) on my part, but I think he thinks he sticks around Lincoln 2 more years. I think he understands what he is a part of now and wants to see just how far the ride will go. The NBA will always be there, and imagine his draft stock if he's a 1st team All-American after his Senior year.

Actually it might be less.  He'd be a 5th year senior so he'd be another year older at that point with more wear on the tires.  Plus if he makes the jump we all think he might there may not be much left to improve on.  I think the only thing that could persuade him if he does what we expect is if the draft class at the 2/3 position gets loaded but its way too early to tell.

Have to respectfully disagree, Handy. If he stays injury free and has a great year, he is gone. He will get first round guaranteed money, and for a guy who will already have had 4 years of college, that is a no-brainer to take.

3% body fat ain't nothing, I got 3% body fat, if your just talking about my ears.

Seriously these are all god things that are going to make us better this year and in the future. Kids see what Terran can do here and what we can do for them if they want to work for it and we will start to get better and better players coming here.

Have to respectfully disagree, Handy. If he stays injury free and has a great year, he is gone. He will get first round guaranteed money, and for a guy who will already have had 4 years of college, that is a no-brainer to take.

I know, I know........... but imagine a line-up with Pitchford, Shields, WHITE, and Petteway. Fairly boggles the mind

Actually it might be less.  He'd be a 5th year senior so he'd be another year older at that point with more wear on the tires.  Plus if he makes the jump we all think he might there may not be much left to improve on.  I think the only thing that could persuade him if he does what we expect is if the draft class at the 2/3 position gets loaded but its way too early to tell.

You bring up some very valid points as far as his stock starting to go down if he waits one more year. Personally I think that if his next NBA eval places him within the top 15 or even top 20 picks he is gone. If he ends up rated past the top 20 I think there is a small chance he comes back, especially if we do land White and have a killer 2015 class coming in.