Postgame radio

unl

During the season I know we had discussion on extending the postgame show. To date, it's about fifteen minutes or a little more if Coach is late getting out.

I think there is a demand for a longer show. Many NU fans would continue listening as they drive home or are stuck in a parking lot. So is anything being discussed from a network standpoint? I know we talked about who might do the show...my hope is that those discussions are already happening.

During the season I know we had discussion on extending the postgame show. To date, it's about fifteen minutes or a little more if Coach is late getting out.

I think there is a demand for a longer show. Many NU fans would continue listening as they drive home or are stuck in a parking lot. So is anything being discussed from a network standpoint? I know we talked about who might do the show...my hope is that those discussions are already happening.

It is hard to understand the thinking of the radio programmer who decides to cut off the show just as 16,000 new listeners are tuning in! I never reach my car to hear the box score...as that is nearly the first thing after the game and never repeated.

I drive an hour to get home yet the show is over about 5 to 10 minutes after I reach my car...and I am not interested in listening to tom becka, etc. politicos.

I'd be all for this.  I drive down from Omaha and I am lucky if I hear Tim Miles full post game interview.  It's odd that Husker Sports Network has a hour long pregame show (which is great driving down from Omaha), but their post game show seems like it is less than twenty minutes.

I could swear the last time we had this discussion one of the guys from 93.7 said they were contemplating doing a post game show if there was the demand for it.

Can't compete with the Miles post-game, though.  If they don't carry the Miles post-game interview, then wait until he's done before they start. 

I could swear the last time we had this discussion one of the guys from 93.7 said they were contemplating doing a post game show if there was the demand for it.

If the point is to reach people who are driving home over an hour, the lack of signal strength would make 93.7 one of the poorer choices

Can't compete with the Miles post-game, though.  If they don't carry the Miles post-game interview, then wait until he's done before they start. 

1620's "Big Red Overreaction" isn't waiting around until the end of a Husker football post game show. However Miles is so good on the radio it would be foolish to compete at that point.

Considering the pre-game show for an 11:00 am Football game starts at 7:00, the lack of coverage for the Hoops squad is beyond shameful...

It actually starts at 6  ;)

If the HSN could sell commercials for a 30-to-60-minute post-game basketball show, they'd certainly carry it for the reasons mentioned above. 

So the best way to encourage them to start one is contact HSN directly and ask for one and then contact some of the advertisers who sponsor NU hoops and thank them for their sponsorship. Then if HSN goes to them to try to sell a post-game radio slot, the advertisers may be more willing to buy more time.

Those in charge are still trying to figure out how to handle a resurgent NU hoops program, so any suggestions from fans would be appreciated by HSN I'm sure.

Did they used to take calls on the pre-game show for a while when Nee was here? I seem to remember a show where the basketball director of ops would take calls. Maybe that was just occasionally on Sports Nightly.

• 6 months later...

The amount of post-game coverage still bothers me. Husker Sports Network - Do something!

Have you listened to the pre-game & post-game on 93.7 FM?

When I tried to tune in after KFAB went off Bball coverage following the Cincinnati game...there was country music playing.

Considering the pre-game show for an 11:00 am Football game starts at 7:00, the lack of coverage for the Hoops squad is beyond shameful...

Actually the football games pre game start 5 hours before kickoff. would you want less on the front end of the basketball and more on the back end. Or the other way around, The front end starts an hour before the games.