Big Ten / ACC Challenge matchups should be out this afternoon

what this means, is if petteway comes back for his senior year we've got a really good shot at a big time matchup in lincoln

it's a decent road game against a decent team. yeah i'd love UNC or duke in lincoln... who wouldn't? it's a solid matchup.

these match ups are 1 year deals. We'd be playing @ Miami this season if they were home and homes.
Actually our Miami matchup was only a one and done because of the changes to the conferences. Our first two years in the B1G we had a home and home with Wake.
I'm pretty sure that was purely a coincidence

Although i am very disappointed that Iowa got the matchup vs UNC, rather than Nebraska...

This will be a very good game. Both teams return most of their team from this last season. In my opinion, both teams will end the season in the rpi top50. So it's a chance for Nebraska to get an early resumé building win.

I agree that Nebraska has a very good chance at a home game vs a powerhouse the following season.

what this means, is if petteway comes back for his senior year we've got a really good shot at a big time matchup in lincoln

it's a decent road game against a decent team.  yeah i'd love UNC or duke in lincoln... who wouldn't?  it's a solid matchup.

What this also means is if we keep beating these Florida teams, we might actually get more and more interest from recruits in that region.

Where's the LOVE? We finish fourth in the League and match up with some middle of the road squad that was paired with the Gophers last season? ESPN will discover, as will the rest. this is only going to makes us mad... 

I think it's pretty closely in line. I haven't looked at it quantitatively, but I would imagine that "last 3 years performance" plays a bigger role in these selections than simply how they played last year.

Give us another year or two and you'll see the results. That said, I'm fine with the selection. Middle of the conference team last year RPI-wise and, most importantly, on the road. That's almost better for us RPI-wise than playing a top team at home.

Where's the LOVE? We finish fourth in the League and match up with some middle of the road squad that was paired with the Gophers last season? ESPN will discover, as will the rest. this is only going to makes us mad... 

I think it's pretty closely in line. I haven't looked at it quantitatively, but I would imagine that "last 3 years performance" plays a bigger role in these selections than simply how they played last year.

Give us another year or two and you'll see the results. That said, I'm fine with the selection. Middle of the conference team last year RPI-wise and, most importantly, on the road. That's almost better for us RPI-wise than playing a top team at home.

All of the words you say are true, I just think this game has ZERO "juice", and will get lost in the shuffle.

All of the words you say are true, I just think this game has ZERO "juice", and will get lost in the shuffle.

Probably, but does that matter? Let's be honest, neither of these teams carries much national cache and college hoops in December barely moves the needle as it is. For NU, this game is about how it will impact where they end up in March, not how much attention it garners in December.

• 3 months later...