Hammond falls out of final Rivals 150

I'm sure I could pull up some threads from a Husker Football message board where they praise star ratings in one thread and degrade the value of star ratings in another. Same thing applies here with ratings. I just want a kid with pure talent regardless of whether some guy in his basement thinks that kid is good or not.

I'm sure I could pull up some threads from a Husker Football message board where they praise star ratings in one thread and degrade the value of star ratings in another. Same thing applies here with ratings. I just want a kid with pure talent regardless of whether some guy in his basement thinks that kid is good or not.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WE MUST HAVE 5 STAR PLAYERS TO KEEP UP WITH CREIGHTON'S 8 STAR GUYS.

COME ON STAY UP WITH THE REST OF US.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WE MUST HAVE 5 STAR PLAYERS TO KEEP UP WITH CREIGHTON'S 8 STAR GUYS.

COME ON STAY UP WITH THE REST OF US.

If you read the underground place, you'd see that rivals rankings and stars don't matter for crap when it comes to guys WE sign, but they sure as hell mean the world as it relates to the guys THEY sign.

You know...they've got two top 100 guys for '14 and two more just waiting to sign up!!**

**or so they'd like you to believe.  In reality, their recruiting class isn't much different than ours is for 2014....they have ONE (barely) top 100 guy signed, who some here have watched play in person - and they feel he's horribly overrated, and one other "considering" them...along with Iowa State, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Indiana, South Carolina and Bradley.  In other words, they've got ONE "top 100" guy.

speaking of Rivals 150 players, theres one for Wisconsin, Ethan Happ, who I feel is greatly underrated. Rivals has him at #123 but he recently played for Team USA over in Germany and was All-Tournament.  He was spectacular and had a few pro scouts very impressed with his play.  Of course just what we want to hear but its expected I guess with the territory of Wisconsin.  

It's not important to Miles & Co. as I suspect Hammond could redshirt & work on his game while bulking up in a first-rate strength, conditioning & nutrition program. Win-win for both Jacob and NU with today's signing of Ayegba & his immediate one-year eligibility which will assist the team now & then Jacob can be developing toward his potential behind the scenes.

It's not important to Miles & Co. as I suspect Hammond could redshirt & work on his game while bulking up in a first-rate strength, conditioning & nutrition program. Win-win for both Jacob and NU with today's signing of Ayegba & his immediate one-year eligibility which will assist the team now & then Jacob can be developing toward his potential behind the scenes.

I see a similarity between Hammonds recruiting ranking and those of Frank Kaminsky.

Both were 3 star by Scout and Rivals. FK got 4 from ESPN while JH has 3.

Neither was in the top 150 player of any service.

In position rankings FK was 22, NR and 19, while JH is 17, NR and 23.

Rivals and Scout listed FK as 220# in high school while JH is 5 to 10 lbs heavier.

Looking at their pictures from high school they both look like skinny armed young kids.

Kaminsky has obviously put in his years of work and we see a finely developed project.

Miles is a character and attitude searcher. If he thinks he can mold Hammonds into a player, I trust he will.

• 3 weeks later...