Here's the mix

I'd be happy to add that former Tennessee signee, Deng Deng, or the other Georgetown recruit (Dominguez?).

But to be honest, I trust Miles and whomever ends up coming our way, but really want a two-guard since I don't think we can trust Webster there yet or want to rely on a freshman PG again (if Parker continues to be our spark plug off the bench).

I see a weakness in perimeter shooting.  Fuller could be very good and I expect Tai to be better.  But, of the 2 remaining spots, if there was some way we could find and land a senior transfer shooting guard who can fill it up from beyond the arc, that would be ideal.  That would also give us 4 spots to offer for 2015. 

Then, if we roll craps with Deng, I'd look for another wing, like the Tennessee decommit.

I think we should be looking at three positions rather than five~~~in my very humble opinion.  Then within those three positions we have players who can swing.  The three positions are Bigs, Wings & PG.  We will have two true PG's in Benny and T Smith.  We have two true Bigs in Moses and Leslee.  We have multiple players who will then swing between positions. 

I'm just thinking about the mismatches we could have on offense with putting 2 wings out there instead of a two guard.  Not all the time, but 5-8 minutes a game against teams without a great shooting guard, we could go Ayegba/Smith, Pitchford, Shields, Fuller and let Petteway bring the ball up the court. Give up some quickness on defense for sure, but I'd love to watch opposing defenses try to match that lineup of guys 6'6" and up.

I think we should be looking at three positions rather than five~~~in my very humble opinion. Then within those three positions we have players who can swing. The three positions are Bigs, Wings & PG. We will have two true PG's in Benny and T Smith. We have two true Bigs in Moses and Leslee. We have multiple players who will then swing between positions.

I agree with this 100%.

While, according to the roster, players may be listed as SG, SF, PF... So far, it seems like Miles has used 1 PG, 1 Forward/Center and then 3 wing-type players... 6'5" - 6'10" athletic that can get to the rim and/or shoot from outside. This works well, because on defense they can switch screens without creating mismatches.

I'm just thinking about the mismatches we could have on offense with putting 2 wings out there instead of a two guard. Not all the time, but 5-8 minutes a game against teams without a great shooting guard, we could go Ayegba/Smith, Pitchford, Shields, Fuller and let Petteway bring the ball up the court. Give up some quickness on defense for sure, but I'd love to watch opposing defenses try to match that lineup of guys 6'6" and up.

I have actually thought about this too. It would be interesting to see them let Petteway run the PG spot. The lineup of Petteway (6'6"), Fuller (6'7"), Shields (6'7"), Pitchford (6'10"), and Ayegba (6'9", with a 7'4" wingspan) could be nasty defensively and pretty dangerous on the offensive end too.

It will also be interesting to see if we (more actively) switch up defenses.  Can you imagine playing a hybrid type of defense with Petteway out on top...even Tai at the top with his length would create issues.  Remember when we did that with Cookie Belcher.  Kind of gives me goosies...

goose-bumps-300x300.jpg

I'm just thinking about the mismatches we could have on offense with putting 2 wings out there instead of a two guard. Not all the time, but 5-8 minutes a game against teams without a great shooting guard, we could go Ayegba/Smith, Pitchford, Shields, Fuller and let Petteway bring the ball up the court. Give up some quickness on defense for sure, but I'd love to watch opposing defenses try to match that lineup of guys 6'6" and up.

I have actually thought about this too. It would be interesting to see them let Petteway run the PG spot. The lineup of Petteway (6'6"), Fuller (6'7"), Shields (6'7"), Pitchford (6'10"), and Ayegba (6'9", with a 7'4" wingspan) could be nasty defensively and pretty dangerous on the offensive end too.

I think that could more of a liability defensively because we would lack speed against opposing guards.  Help defense would have to be great without leaving anyone open outside.  I see the advantage mostly on the offensive end with our guys being able to rise up over theirs from mid range and for Pitchford (and hopefully Fuller as well) from outside.

Cornish should be our top priority right now. We need a shooting guard.

Agree with this.  I think it needs to be somebody that can be okay being the #3 scoring choice though too.  Spot-up 3-pt shooter, or somebody that can eventually take TP's role when he's gone.

Not sure what the board's stance was on him but I do think you lose something defensively with Rey graduating.  We'll need an athletic guy that can help us outside on both ends of the court.

Cornish would seem to be a nice fit for us...he's got a B1G-ready body and he's now grown into a 6-6, 210-lb big guard.  He's not overly quick or athletic (seems more smooth and strong to me), but I like the idea of bringing him for both immediate help and seeing how he develops in the future.

I don't think we want or need a top-scorer who needs a lot of shots.  We already have that guy in Terran.

I would love a big that is a transfer and will sit this year, we lose the two bigs next year and will have just Hammonds left to fill that need.

We desperately need a kid that can bury his outside shot night in and night out.  I think the kids on the roster get better at it but we need that guy.

So I guess I am saying (if we number them) a 2 and a 5

I still think we need a guy who can bury threes.  Especially when the starters sub out, it'd be nice to have someone come in who's able to score.  And, then, situationally, you need guys who can launch three-bombs.

How old is Beranek's younger brother...?

Is he a Div 1 player?  I am hoping we've set the talent bar a little higher.

I still think we need a guy who can bury threes.  Especially when the starters sub out, it'd be nice to have someone come in who's able to score.  And, then, situationally, you need guys who can launch three-bombs.

Point was... I'd take a player like Beranek or Velander on my bench any day.

Holy cow is Cross put together.

If I was built like that I won't even own a shirt.

humans shouldnt weight 230-240 lbs, and look, and do the things he does athletically.. not to get into football discussion, but they better get him at least 10-15 carries a game

Point was... I'd take a player like Beranek or Velander on my bench any day.

Understand that, I would set the bar a little higher for my bench. 

But, if they're a walk-on, I imagine you'd take 'em to fill out your roster & provide some spot minutes when they could be used as a long-range threat and/or defensive stop-gap... I know I'd want 'em if for no other reason than to be an excellent practice player!

I would have zero problem if they were walk-ons and practice players.  IF we get back to the point those kind of kids are playing more than a couple minutes in blow out wins or losses we are going backwards.