Former Huskers playing in Omaha this Saturday for charity

hhcmatt

Players committed to compete in the 6 p.m. game include former Huskers Bruce Chubick, Dylan Talley, Keith Moody, Charles Richardson, Toney McCray, Brennon Clemmons, Marcus Perry and Andrew Drevo. Former Jays scheduled to play are Rodney Buford, Antoine Young, Brody Deren, Justin Haynes, Mark Jones, Livian Pyfrom and Donnie Johnson. Former Mavs in the charity game include Dean Thompson, Mitch Albers, Michael Jenkins, and Justin Simmons, who completed his Mav career last month.

Here is the full 411 - http://bigredtoday.com/article/20140408/SPORTS/140408478

Sad and funny (all at the same time) follow-up to this story.  Great to see that a charitable cause was helped by this activity but it apparently sits in the BJ's craw that their team of former players lost to our team of former players.

I occasionally go over to their underground for chuckles and they didn't disappoint.  This game wasn't even on my radar.  I saw the blurbs about it happening but it obviously didn't get any play over here at all other than the OP in this thread.

And the only way that I know the former Huskers beat the former Bluejays is because they seem to be a little pissed about it.

One of their posters says the rosters favored us:  "The Huskers won in the pick-up game, and they were the "favorite" the way the rosters ended up." 

Really?  You guys are worried about which team of no-longer-playing-college-basketball players won?  Wasn't this for charity?  Does it matter who won?

And then, even better, another of their guys chimed in with:  "Can anyone confirm or deny that they are celebrating this win over on HuskerHoopsCentral as the biggest win in program history?"

I'm sorry, but sour grapes following a pick-up game for charity involving some former players is about as low as it gets.

Particularly funny because this obviously wasn't even on any or our radars.  Like I said, sad and funny all at the same time.