Rachel Blackburn

kansashusker

Rachel is very interested in Nebraska.  She visited Nebraska for her first official NCAA visit.  It was during the weekend of the spring football game.  We did an unoffical visit back in September 2013. 

Coach Yori (and all the other great coaches) loves Rachel.  Rachel was very impressed with everything about Nebraska.  She loves the girls and the coaches. 

We'll see how it works out. 

Rachel along with her Leavenworth teammates (Tyler & Tasha) are playing on Coach Page's team in Chicago this weekend.  Coach Page and the Leavenworth HS coach (Derek Zeck) have assembled a bunch of D1 players from all over the state of Kansas.  We'll see how they do. 

Additionally, the Leavenworth team won the 5A state championshiip back in Mach. 

Rachel's Dad

post-1059-0-66130100-1401764816_thumb.jpg

Rachel is very interested in Nebraska.  She visited Nebraska for her first official NCAA visit.  It was during the weekend of the spring football game.  We did an unoffical visit back in September 2013. 

Coach Yori (and all the other great coaches) loves Rachel.  Rachel was very impressed with everything about Nebraska.  She loves the girls and the coaches. 

We'll see how it works out. 

Rachel along with her Leavenworth teammates (Tyler & Tasha) are playing on Coach Page's team in Chicago this weekend.  Coach Page and the Leavenworth HS coach (Derek Zeck) have assembled a bunch of D1 players from all over the state of Kansas.  We'll see how they do. 

Additionally, the Leavenworth team won the 5A state championshiip back in Mach. 

Rachel's Dad

You realize, of course, that you've stumbled upon THE ABSOLUTE VERY BEST women's basketball message board in the land, right?  Knowledgeable posters who are passionate about their Husker women's hoops.  And we're honored to have you join us for that update on your daughter.  Please feel free to come back any time.  You'll be treated with respect and so will your daughter, no matter where she decides to play in college.  That's one of the things that makes this board special.  There aren't any of us out trying to be message board tough guys.  We just like basketball.

Good luck to you and your daughter as you move forward with choosing a college.  It must be pretty exciting times.

We love everything about Nebraska.  I wish I could have attended the visit, but I am in Afghanistan. I'll be home soon to talk to Rachel.

I'm told Rachel played well in Chicago.  The team went 4-1.  They lost 65-63 to a MI team that won the bracket.  She took 7 charges during the 5 games.

Coach Yori attended on Sunday.

The teams looking seriously at Rachel:  Wake Forest, Iowa State, Arizona, Cal, Tulsa, Creighton, K-State, TCU, Arkansas, DePaul, Drake, Miami... Texas Tech just made a offer last night.  We had never heard from Texas Tech.  I assume they liked what they saw in Chicago.  They had a rough year last year.   

K-State had no interest in Rachel, but TCU was after her.  So after the coaching change in Manhattan, K-State is interested.

Rachel always wanted to be a Jayhawk.  Her sister graduated from there.  However, Mrs Henrickson wants no part of Rachel.  That bothered her for a long time, but I think she is over it...

Bottom Line, Nebraska is a class act.... mom, dad, and Rachel are very impressed.

We love everything about Nebraska.  I wish I could have attended the visit, but I am in Afghanistan. I'll be home soon to talk to Rachel.

I'm told Rachel played well in Chicago.  The team went 4-1.  They lost 65-63 to a MI team that won the bracket.  She took 7 charges during the 5 games.

Coach Yori attended on Sunday, and Coach Yori called after the tournament.

The teams looking seriously at Rachel:  Wake Forest, Iowa State, Arizona, Cal, Tulsa, Creighton, K-State, TCU, Arkansas, DePaul, Drake, Miami... Texas Tech just made a offer last night.  We had never heard from Texas Tech.  I assume they liked what they saw in Chicago.  They had a rough year last year.   

OU was interested.  We paid them an unoffical visit.  However, I'm told Coach Coale didn't like how Rachel rebounded in one of the state championship tournament games, and they simply stopped talking to us.  It was like a light switch...  Before that game they were texting and writing almost every day... After that game... complete and utter silence.  Make no mistake, I will eventually address that with them.

K-State had no interest in Rachel, but TCU was after her.  So after the coaching change in Manhattan, K-State is interested.

Rachel always wanted to be a Jayhawk.  Her sister graduated from there.  However, Mrs Henrickson wants no part of Rachel.  That bothered her for a long time, but I think she is over it...

Bottom Line, Nebraska is a class act.... mom, dad, and Rachel are very impressed.

As a parent I would have to think twice about KSU given what is going on there, But maybe it isn't as bad as what it is being made out to be.

The attached photo is my Rachel... 

She was home alone and riding an ATV when she saw this rattlesnake  crossing the road in front of the house.  She quickly went and grabbed a shotgun.  When the snake tried to cross the road again, she killed it. 

Of course I'm biased, but she is a very tough girl. 

By the way, I'm no longer active... I'm a retired Army colonel.  The troops over here are doing great things.  Last month was the first month where we didn't have one American death.  Unfortunately, we had 5 Brits killed in an aircraft crash the other day, and I'm told we had an American killed up north...

The girl from Belirus (spelling) was at the same offical visit as Rachel. 

Take care,

She was home alone and riding an ATV when she saw this rattlesnake  crossing the road in front of the house.  She quickly went and grabbed a shotgun.  When the snake tried to cross the road again, she killed it. 

By the way, I'm no longer active... I'm a retired Army colonel.  The troops over here are doing great things.  Last month was the first month where we didn't have one American death.  Unfortunately, we had 5 Brits killed in an aircraft crash the other day, and I'm told we had an American killed up north...

Take care,

I too would like to say thanks for the serving, Without your services we wouldn't be able to to chat on this here internet thing.

Take care,

That's a nice looking over-under. We have some places to use that close to Lincoln!

Take care,

That's a nice looking over-under. We have some places to use that close to Lincoln!

I'm sensing a hunting trip in someone's future.  Dlrrk, when are you back from Afghanistan?  And do you like your duck pan-seared or roasted?

Regarding Norm's #22 Post: "I'm sensing a hunting trip in someone's future. Dlrrk, when are you back from Afghanistan? And do you like your duck pan-seared or roasted?"

I come back to CONUS on 16 May.

I bought that shotgun in Germany before the German anti-gun nuts took complete control. It's a Rizzini. It was fairly inexpensive. I used it as my skeet gun for a few years. I had the soft comb put on because my little cheek gets sore.

Then I started shooting trap because my wife enjoyed trap more than skeet.

I like to shoot ducks/geese...

Attached is my girl's second deer (1st buck).  It was several years ago...

Regarding Norm's #22 Post: "I'm sensing a hunting trip in someone's future. Dlrrk, when are you back from Afghanistan? And do you like your duck pan-seared or roasted?"

I come back to CONUS on 16 May.

I bought that shotgun in Germany before the German anti-gun nuts took complete control. It's a Rizzini. It was fairly inexpensive. I used it as my skeet gun for a few years. I had the soft comb put on because my little cheek gets sore.

Then I started shooting trap because my wife enjoyed trap more than skeet.

I like to shoot ducks/geese...

Attached is my girl's second deer (1st buck).  It was several years ago...

Dirk, your daughter is Nebraskan through and through!!!  I remember, vaguely, my first buck (though it wasn't @ 60 yds).  Good for her!!  She had a great teacher!!