Tyler Johnson

kansashusker

• 1 month later...

After this whirlwind of a weekend in recruiting one has to wonder just where Tyler Johnson is sitting now. Is she feeling a little left out? Does her chances of becoming a Husker increase? Or maybe decrease.  Would the Huskers take 5 in this recruiting class? 

She's close with the Iowa State staff and from the sounds of it has both a KU and KState offer. I'm thinking should she want to accept the Husker offer, they make room for her.  I guess time will tell.  

Rachel and Tyler are friends and teammates.  I have no idea about Nebraska's interest in Tyler.  I know she is a great young lady who is talented. 

She is heading to Iowa State soon for an official visit.  We wished them luck. 

I know she has interest in becoming a Jayhawk.

Thanks dlrrk for your information and input to this board........and another husker player, soon to be in a red uniform.

I haven't followed Johnson to closely.  Has Tyler taken an offical visit to NU ? I'm assuming she probably has, but.......

Only the coaching staff know where they're at in terms of need at F or G...or.... got to think they could use a player of Tyler's calibur.

Good luck to her that she finds what she's happy with in the long run.

But NU may not take more than 5 this year, but as been said.......depends on the situation.

• 5 weeks later...

"My phone started going off at exactly midnight," Johnson said. "Big programs like KU, Nebraska, Oklahoma — they started emailing me and texting me. That's when I was like, 'Wow, I'm actually getting big schools.'"

After a full school year of getting courted by some of the biggest women's basketball programs in the country, Johnson signed to play for the University of Kansas earlier this week.

Before signing, she said she had narrowed to three schools — Iowa State, Nebraska and Kansas.

http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/article/20140702/SPORTS/140709805/-1/Editorials

• 2 weeks later...