Sergej Vucetic, Nathan Hawkins, and Tim Wagner Transfering

doc1394

there was a rumor a month ago that said hawkins was going to leave this program after the season to be with his girlfriend in texas a&m. i didn't want to start another rumor thread though.

it was pretty obvious when he changed his twitter bio a while ago to. it used to say something like "University of Nebraska basketball player" which was removed

I think this comes from his tweet around Christmas about decisions he had to make. Then some knew his girlfriend is at ATM (I think) and then he friended or started following some different coaches from Texas around then. So maybe no hard facts, but...

I am always sorry to see somebody leave, but having done it during my college football playing days I understand. for me it was the best thing I ever did, hope,it,works out for these guys too.

that's a lot of commas there, man...  :)

there was a rumor a month ago that said hawkins was going to leave this program after the season to be with his girlfriend in texas a&m. i didn't want to start another rumor thread though.

it was pretty obvious when he changed his twitter bio a while ago to. it used to say something like "University of Nebraska basketball player" which was removed

I would be very surprised if he ended up at A&M.

This Hawkins one has been in the works since before Christmas.

Care to expand on this? If you are privy to this information I assume you have an idea of where he lands?

I would be surprised if he didn't go to Texas A&M.

If I'm doing my math correctly, this makes 3 of the 8 players he has recruited have transfered or left the program

Seems to have caught Tai off guard.

@Tjawtherula: Damn yo! I'm really going to miss the homie next year.. Who am I meant to hit the #sigs pre game handshake with! #partnerincrime

Also if I miss the space bar on my iPad I tend to hit the commas. Sorry. ;)

I'd assume this is the first time he's able to say something publicly instead of being caught off guard.

Seems to have caught Tai off guard.

@Tjawtherula: Damn yo! I'm really going to miss the homie next year.. Who am I meant to hit the #sigs pre game handshake with! #partnerincrime

Also if I miss the space bar on my iPad I tend to hit the commas. Sorry. ;)

I'd assume this is the first time he's able to say something publicly instead of being caught off guard.

This

In case you want to know where we stand in terms of scholarships for the next 4 years

http://board.huskerhoopscentral.com/scholarships

Looking at the balance (or lack there of), we could definitely use a senior transfer this year and then a juco guy or two the following year.  Adding a juco transfer this year would only make that large junior class even larger.  Hard to see how else we are going to fill out 3 more spots though.

Care to expand on this? If you are privy to this information I assume you have an idea of where he lands?

If I'm doing my math correctly, this makes 3 of the 8 players he has recruited have transfered or left the program

I am not sure the point of highlighting the fact that 3 of 8 players recruited by Miles have left the program.  This stuff happens.  Everyone has been expecting Sergej to leave for a year now.  Biggs had disciplinary issues and was given multiple chances to correct himself.  Hawkins seems to be the only one people where not expecting.  Was it your intent to attack Miles or just point out the obvious?

In case you want to know where we stand in terms of scholarships for the next 4 years

Looking at the balance (or lack there of), we could definitely use a senior transfer this year and then a juco guy or two the following year.  Adding a juco transfer this year would only make that large junior class even larger.  Hard to see how else we are going to fill out 3 more spots though.

In the long, long run it could hurt us but if you can land a difference maker and that class is the one that puts Nebraska into the round of 32 or beyond, it's worth it.  Also, Petteway going pro after his junior year isn't outside the realm of possibilities. 

What about a Senior grad transfer, a JUCO, and a high kid?  

I am not sure the point of highlighting the fact that 3 of 8 players recruited by Miles have left the program.  This stuff happens.  Everyone has been expecting Sergej to leave for a year now.  Biggs had disciplinary issues and was given multiple chances to correct himself.  Hawkins seems to be the only one people where not expecting.  Was it your intent to attack Miles or just point out the obvious?

I didn't read it to be malicious.  

It's simply how college basketball works these days and why we should expect to land at least one transfer.

Wasn't last year about the first time in a while that we didn't have someone transfer out of the program?

Holy crap!  Look at all the schollys we have open for the 2017-2018 season!  The coaches had better get busy.   :D

On a serious note, you have Hammond listed as a verbal commit.  Has he not signed yet?  

I would be very surprised if he ended up at A&M.

According to verbalcommits.com, A&M is one scholarship over for next year.  I'd agree.

Holy crap!  Look at all the schollys we have open for the 2017-2018 season!  The coaches had better get busy.   :D

On a serious note, you have Hammond listed as a verbal commit.  Has he not signed yet?  

Thanks for catching that.  It's been wrong since November!

I didn't read it to be malicious.  

It's simply how college basketball works these days and why we should expect to land at least one transfer.

Wasn't last year about the first time in a while that we didn't have someone transfer out of the program?

Possibly, although ESPN reported that Miles encouraged Benny to transfer at the end of last year (I would provide the link but it is a premium content article).  Like I said, transfers are not uncommon.  I am not worrying.

Hawkins' father (@CoachRobHawkins) tweeted during the NCAA game against Baylor a few remarks about Nate not playing and alluding to Nate being a good match up against the Baylor zone.  I wonder if playing time was an issue with Nate.

There was also a tweet Hawkins replied to eluding that he wasn't going to play vs Baylor

That would seem to indicate that the writing was on the wall several weeks ago.

P.S.  Anyone else think that the overheard story about WP was correct but instead of "Pitch" it was "Hawk"?  ;)

There was not a Christmas break rumor regarding Hawkins...but there was a tweet generated by Nate that caused some concern about his return.  I believe it was something akin to 'decisions, decisions?  There were concerns about what decision he needed to make.  Perhaps with that smoke, there was some fire. 

There was not a Christmas break rumor regarding Hawkins...but there was a tweet generated by Nate that caused some concern about his return.  I believe it was something akin to 'decisions, decisions?  There were concerns about what decision he needed to make.  Perhaps with that smoke, there was some fire. 

As the OP said recently, there was more to it at the time.  Search his old posts because I'm sure it was the OP who said something to the effect that there was more to the speculation about what "decisions, decisions" meant than people wanted to maybe accept.  I think the thread was something like "Concerning tweet" and a lot of people were quick to dismiss it.