Leslee Smith

seaofred92

That was a good KU game.  Can you believe KU's freshman center?  Only 3 years of organized basketball and they're already talking about him being the overall #1 pick in the draft (perhaps not the NEXT draft but one of the next ones.)  His shooting form is darn near perfect.  He's a freshman, in a big game, with KU trailing, he's at the line and drills two perfect free throws with terrific form.  Nice looking stroke. 

7 foot center from Cameroon. 

Three years of organized basketball.

Apparently, Bill Self laid into him so hard after their "Late Night at the Phog" that he almost quit the team.   (I heard that story on the radio here during a KU pre game show a few weeks ago)  And now look at how he's turned out.

not to spew more blaspheme...but he reminds me, and plenty of others apparently of a young Hakeem...

That was a good KU game.  Can you believe KU's freshman center?  Only 3 years of organized basketball and they're already talking about him being the overall #1 pick in the draft (perhaps not the NEXT draft but one of the next ones.)  His shooting form is darn near perfect.  He's a freshman, in a big game, with KU trailing, he's at the line and drills two perfect free throws with terrific form.  Nice looking stroke. 

7 foot center from Cameroon. 

Three years of organized basketball.

Apparently, Bill Self laid into him so hard after their "Late Night at the Phog" that he almost quit the team.   (I heard that story on the radio here during a KU pre game show a few weeks ago)  And now look at how he's turned out.

not to spew more blaspheme...but he reminds me, and plenty of others apparently of a young Hakeem...

Hes a super nice kid, met him at the Nike Hoops Summit last April.  The scouts were raving about him big time.  He went from unknown to 5 star in one year.  Crazy.

IMO starting is overrrated.  How many minutes a guy plays, and who plays down the stretch is more important. 

And Miles has said that regardless if he starts or comes off the bench, his minutes will be about the same.

IMO starting is overrrated.  How many minutes a guy plays, and who plays down the stretch is more important. 

And Miles has said that regardless if he starts or comes off the bench, his minutes will be about the same.

Yes, and my comments were directed beyond the Smith issue, to all the posts of  "start so and so".  I'm pretty sure Miles wants to win, and will play they guys that give the best chance of that happening as many minutes as possible, in the right lineup combinations, given health and foul trouble.

Yes, and my comments were directed beyond the Smith issue, to all the posts of  "start so and so".  I'm pretty sure Miles wants to win, and will play they guys that give the best chance of that happening as many minutes as possible, in the right lineup combinations, given health and foul trouble.

Right. 

So you agree Smith should start, then, huh?

(OK, just kiddin')

Watching SMU right now, and their bigs are quicker and lengthier than what Leslee is. So maybe Leslee wasn't going to get as many minutes there. But Leslee needs to play every game like he did today! Fantastic to see him play like that.

How does SMU get more than one big BETTER than our best post.

Watching SMU right now, and their bigs are quicker and lengthier than what Leslee is. So maybe Leslee wasn't going to get as many minutes there. But Leslee needs to play every game like he did today! Fantastic to see him play like that.

Larry went back and forth on Brown but the question about the knee was ultimately the reason other than him being close to retirement and wanting to bring in talent quickly at any cost.

Larry went back and forth on Brown but the question about the knee was ultimately the reason other than him being close to retirement and wanting to bring in talent quickly at any cost.

Larry Brown has bad knees? Who knew? I guess he is getting up there in age though.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...