Leslee Smith

seaofred92

next year might be our best chance to make a run with leslee and biggs as seniors. We need another big with experience that can defend. Hopefully Hammond can play right away too.

Vooch seems like he is on his way out. Parker and Rivers might be done too.

Maybe, but the year after that when Petteway, Pitchford, Shields are seniors, Tai is a JR and Hammond is a soph (assuming he lives up to the hype) could be a special year.

You gotta keep recruiting the best you can.  The goal isn't to have a team good enough to go on a run one season, it's to build a program that can sustain the loss of players like Biggs and Smith.

next year might be our best chance to make a run with leslee and biggs as seniors. We need another big with experience that can defend. Hopefully Hammond can play right away too.

If Vooch is on the team next year, then Nebraska basketball will have become a charitable organization instead of a basketball team. We simply cannot afford to allocate one of 13 precious scholarships to a kid who can't even give the team a single minute per game in his second season on campus, and on a team lacking in bigs no less.

Vooch has to be considered a complete bust at this point. The quickness and athleticism required to play B1G basketball simply aren't there. It was a terrible use of a scholarship, even in light of the fact that it was a desperation signing, and the experiment needs to end after this season. 

If Vooch is on the team next year, then Nebraska basketball will have become a charitable organization instead of a basketball team. We simply cannot afford to allocate one of 13 precious scholarships to a kid who can't even give the team a single minute per game in his second season on campus, and on a team lacking in bigs no less.

Vooch has to be considered a complete bust at this point. The quickness and athleticism required to play B1G basketball simply aren't there. It was a terrible use of a scholarship, even in light of the fact that it was a desperation signing, and the experiment needs to end after this season. 

Agreed. I would say the experiment should have ended after last season. The coaches had to know after a full season of practice last year that he was never going to be good enough. The guy only got 7 minutes of playing time in the exhibition game against UNK this year. He was obviously never going to be part of the rotation this season, as he wasn't even given a chance in the exhibition game against a Division II team. I'm guessing Miles just couldn't find anyone else worth using his scholarship on.

Just a bit of a refresher on Vooch:

Vucetic spent the 2011-12 season at AIM Prep in Northville, Mich., where he averaged 19.5 points and 12 rebounds per game. He was a member of the CAPS All-Stars AAU team under Chris Sparks and played with an international all-star team at the Northwest Indiana All-Star Classic in April of 2012.

A native of Serbia, he played in the Nike International Junior Tournament in Paris in April of 2012 and has played for the FMP Belgrade program, considered one of the top youth programs in Europe.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Sergej-Vucetic-140289

http://sports.yahoo.com/highschool/basketball/recruiting/player-Sergej-Vucetic-140289

I live literally 5 minutes from northville. Never heard of an AIM prep

Lol that's awesome. Probably comparable to College View Academy in Lincoln. Probably racked up his stats against JV and Reserve high school teams.

Has to be something like that. Northville high school is in the highest class (class A) in the state so if we was looking for competitiveness, he certainly didn't find it at AIM prep

Guys we didn't even use up all 13 for this season so that should be more of a blasphemy than a vucetic scholarship for this season. I like Miles and what he's done so far but not using that scholarship two years in a row has been a major error on his part and one I hope doesn't hurt him. I do think yesterday's game and post game comments really have hit him hard and have a feeling there will be a lot of Shake up come spring time with the 2014 signing period.

Guys we didn't even use up all 13 for this season so that should be more of a blasphemy than a vucetic scholarship for this season. I like Miles and what he's done so far but not using that scholarship two years in a row has been a major error on his part and one I hope doesn't hurt him. I do think yesterday's game and post game comments really have hit him hard and have a feeling there will be a lot of Shake up come spring time with the 2014 signing period.

Not only did we not use the scholarship, but we passed up on guys like Kevin Thomas.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/67497/kevin-thomas

Wow.  Look at that Kevin Thomas that we passed up on.  He's playing pretty well, looks like. 

On the other hand, if we'd offered him and brought him in, we'd have had one less spot available for a 2014 recruit.

Oh, wait.  <_<

Josh Davis.......what could have been.  Watched him play vs KU, the guy is exactly what we need. 

That was a good KU game.  Can you believe KU's freshman center?  Only 3 years of organized basketball and they're already talking about him being the overall #1 pick in the draft (perhaps not the NEXT draft but one of the next ones.)  His shooting form is darn near perfect.  He's a freshman, in a big game, with KU trailing, he's at the line and drills two perfect free throws with terrific form.  Nice looking stroke. 

7 foot center from Cameroon. 

Three years of organized basketball.

That was a good KU game.  Can you believe KU's freshman center?  Only 3 years of organized basketball and they're already talking about him being the overall #1 pick in the draft (perhaps not the NEXT draft but one of the next ones.)  His shooting form is darn near perfect.  He's a freshman, in a big game, with KU trailing, he's at the line and drills two perfect free throws with terrific form.  Nice looking stroke. 

7 foot center from Cameroon. 

Three years of organized basketball.

Apparently, Bill Self laid into him so hard after their "Late Night at the Phog" that he almost quit the team.   (I heard that story on the radio here during a KU pre game show a few weeks ago)  And now look at how he's turned out.