2014-15 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

Is it possible the B1G will be announcing further BTN or BTN Plus broadcasts? For instance I don't think anyone else would be picking up UNO-NU - so that game would automatically fall to BTN or BTN Plus I believe, correct? Doesn't every home game have to be carried at the least on BTN Plus with student announcers?

Also maybe I missed it but has the date/opponent/site for the closed scrimmage been leaked out yet? (Not that I want to try to sneak in or anything.)

Is it possible the B1G will be announcing further BTN or BTN Plus broadcasts? For instance I don't think anyone else would be picking up UNO-NU - so that game would automatically fall to BTN or BTN Plus I believe, correct? Doesn't every home game have to be carried at the least on BTN Plus with student announcers?

Also maybe I missed it but has the date/opponent/site for the closed scrimmage been leaked out yet? (Not that I want to try to sneak in or anything.)

I believe I read somewhere that this is the 1st announcement of BTN broadcasts with more to come. I think CBS could also pick up some of the Sunday afternoon TV games toward the end of the season... GBR!

I believe I read somewhere that this is the 1st announcement of BTN broadcasts with more to come. I think CBS could also pick up some of the Sunday afternoon TV games toward the end of the season... GBR!

Nebrasketball on CBS - I like the way that sounds.  :) Rolls off the tongue nicely.

The Big Ten released the remainder of its ESPN and CBS television packages on Thursday, and Nebraska was selected three more times for games on either ESPN or ESPN2 -- at Wisconsin (Jan. 15, 8 p.m.), Michigan State (Jan. 24, 3 p.m. or 6 p.m.) and at Ohio State (Feb. 26, 6 p.m.)

That's in addition to two previously-announced Super Tuesday appearances on ESPN -- at Michigan (Jan. 27, 6 p.m.) and Wisconsin (Feb. 10, 8 p.m.)

Nebraska’s home games against Iowa on Feb. 22 and Maryland on March 8 are under consideration for Wildcard Weekend selections by CBS. If they are not selected for CBS broadcast, they will air on BTN...

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/espn-picks-up-nebraska-for-three-more-games/article_88231e5a-3f61-11e4-aff6-5fe97b112cdc.html

Picked up TSN preview over the weekend - while it'd be nice to have Terran on the cover, it's still infinitely a better cover than a year ago.  :D

Here's where our opponents are predicted to finish within their conf:

• 11/16 - Northern Kentucky (7-24 last year) - 5th out of 8 in Atlantic Sun
  • 11/18 - Central Arkansas (8-21 last year) - 12th out of 13 in Southland  
  • 11/22 - @ Rhode Island (14-18 last year) - 6th out of 14 in Atlantic 10 
  • 11/25 - UNO (17-15 last year, CIT qualifier) - 6th out of 9 in Summit
  • 11/28 - Tennessee-Martin (8-23 last year) - 6th out of 6 in Ohio Valley West Division
  • 12/01 - @ Florida State (22-14 last year, reached NIT semis) - 7th out of 15 in ACC 
  • 12/07 - Creighton (27-8 last year, NCAA qualifier) - 9th out of 10 in Big East
  • 12/10 - Incarnate Word (21-6 last year) - 6th out of 13 in Southland
  • 12/13 - Cincinnati (27-7 last year, NCAA qualifier) - 3rd out of 11 in American Athletic
  • 12/22 - @ Hawaii (20-11 last year) - 5th out of 9 in Big West
  • 12/23 - vs Wichita State (35-1 last year, NCAA qualifier) - 1st out of 10 in Missouri Valley
  •     -OR- vs Loyola-Marymount (13-19 last year) - 10th out of 10 in West Coast
  • 12/25 - vs Colorado (23-12 last year, NCAA qualifier) - 3rd out of 12 in Pac-12
  •     -OR- vs George Washington (24-9 last year, NCAA qualifier) - 2nd out of 14 in Atlantic-10
  •     -OR- vs Ohio (25-12 last year, CIT qualifier) - 2nd out of 6 in Mid-American East Division
  •     -OR- vs DePaul (12-21 last year) - 10th out of 10 in Big East

BIG TEN SCHEDULE

Double plays

• Wisconsin (1/15 in Madison; 2/10 in Lincoln) - predicted 1st
  • Iowa (1/5 in Iowa City; 2/22 in Lincoln) - predicted 6th
  • Maryland (2/19 in College Park; 3/8 in Lincoln) - predicted 7th
  • Illinois (1/11 in Lincoln; 3/4 in Champaign) - predicted 8th
  • Minnesota (1/20 in Lincoln; 1/31 in Minneapolis) - predicted 9th

Single plays

• Michigan St (1/24 in Lincoln) - predicted 2nd
  • Ohio St (2/26 in Columbus) - predicted 3rd
  • Michigan (1/27 in Ann Arbor) - predicted 5th
  • Indiana (12/31 in Lincoln) - predicted 10th
  • Penn St (2/7 in University Park) - predicted 11th
  • Purdue (2/15 in West Lafayette) - predicted 12th
  • Northwestern (2/3 in Lincoln) - predicted 13th
  • Rutgers (1/8 in Lincoln) - predicted 14th

Kind of an interesting conf schedule - NU gets 3 of the predicted top 5 as single plays and only 1 of the top 5 as a double play (NU is predicted 4th). Yet we also get all 5 of the predicted bottom 5 as single plays. All 4 of the middle predicted 4 are double plays. Looks pretty balanced from a strength perspective ... at least based on TSN's predictions.

In the non-conf, there doesn't appear to be many challenges in the single-bid conference foes, all are predicted as middle-of-the-pack finishers or worse. Even among the mid-major-type conferences, only Cincinnati is projected near the top of AAC. URI is slotted in the middle of A-10, and Creighton picked near bottom of BE. And FSU is predicted middle of the pack in ACC, as our only Power Five scheduled opponent.

The Hawaii Tourney could provide some significant challenges, depending on how the games shake out.

Certainly a few tricky non-con games in there before the Hawaii trip, but you have to like NU's chances of a really good start to the season with a veteran team returning.

--

By the way NU is preseason #22. Almost forgot to even look at the preseason Top 25 page. It's not quite a habit ... yet.  :D Will be soon enough.

Wisconsin is preseason #3, Wichita St is #10, Mich St is #18, Ohio St is #21.

Terran is pre-season TSN 2nd team All-American. Dawson of MSU is 1st team; Kaminsky of Wisky is 3rd team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

KenPom has URI at #105 and Manhattan at #116, FWIW.

Just curious, what about the other non-conf teams?

Part of Ken Pom's site is free to all.

I am far too lazy to look them all up for you...but they are available here:

http://kenpom.com/

9er has posted this in prior yrs, maybe it'll be updated soon. Thx 9er. ;)