JoJo the show Anderson -> Northern Arizona

Posting this here because I'm not seeing the recruiting forum on my phone. Nebraska was the first school to offer Anderson. Looking at his highlights he's a stud. Sounds like he is visiting Baylor this weekend. Got to love Miles getting in on top recruits early.

Something about those two highlighted statements that don't seem to go together.

He has no other offers ... but he's a "top recruit"?

He seems to have good ball skills.  But I'm not as impressed with his highlight film as others seem to be.  One scouting report I read about him says he tends to over dribble.  I can see that.  They also call him a "pass first" point guard and, from the videos, that almost seems to be the description to a fault.  He seems to pass up easier opportunities to take it to the rack in order to make some circus pass.

The competition he was playing against didn't look very good.  And his shot, while it seemed to go in a lot in the video, isn't very pretty.  He has a low release point and it's sort of a quirky looking shot.  I suspect he'll need a lot of space to get that shot off when he's playing against college defenses.

He is only a sophomore, so he still has lots of time to improve. 

Norm- I'd definitely reserve judgment.  As you said, he is a sophomore right now.  That means his most recent film is probably from his freshman year, possibly even 8th grade.  Even if it is his sophomore film, he's still going to be incredibly raw.  Everything I've read points to this guy being a huge prospect in 2015 so I'm happy we are on him early.

Norm this kid is legit.  Yates played in Portland last year and I remember him.  He was more of a facilitator to Oregon's freshman phenom Damyean Dotson and 4 star 2014 recruit Melvin Swift but the kid has skills.  Baylor and Texas A&M are after him as well right now.  I'd be willing to bet he has about 5-6 offers by the end of this school year.

• 2 months later...

Ha, I was going to post this as well.

I'm hoping he previously knew which state Nebraska was in.

I also remember not knowing what state private schools were in growing up so this sort of revelation isn't shocking. 

I'm still not sure where most of them are!  :)

Says we will be one of his top choices even if " bigger programs" start offering. He really appreciates that we were the first major program to notice him and offer. Might transfer to a prep school in Indiana for his junior season next year so he very well could end up in the Big Ten.

He said Baylor, Arizona, UCLA, Alabama, Stanford, Notre Dame, Texas, Texas A&M and others have been showing interest lately and expects a few to offer by the end of summer.

Posting this here because I'm not seeing the recruiting forum on my phone. Nebraska was the first school to offer Anderson. Looking at his highlights he's a stud. Sounds like he is visiting Baylor this weekend. Got to love Miles getting in on top recruits early.

Something about those two highlighted statements that don't seem to go together.

He has no other offers ... but he's a "top recruit"?

He seems to have good ball skills.  But I'm not as impressed with his highlight film as others seem to be.  One scouting report I read about him says he tends to over dribble.  I can see that.  They also call him a "pass first" point guard and, from the videos, that almost seems to be the description to a fault.  He seems to pass up easier opportunities to take it to the rack in order to make some circus pass.

The competition he was playing against didn't look very good.  And his shot, while it seemed to go in a lot in the video, isn't very pretty.  He has a low release point and it's sort of a quirky looking shot.  I suspect he'll need a lot of space to get that shot off when he's playing against college defenses.

He is only a sophomore, so he still has lots of time to improve. 

Just going off of one website he is listed as a top 30 recruit and top 5 in the state of Texas.  If that's the case...I'd consider him a top recruit.  Offers will roll in over the summer I'm assuming.   

Creighton Fan you must really hate me.  That is like the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd red mark I have received from you.

I suggest you not read anything else from me as it usually has something has to do with my dislike of Creighton.

Which seems to rub you the wrong way. 

And I guess since it is a Nebraska Cornhusker website I should feel free to express my dislike of the above named team.

And yes, you are in your right to red mark me every time, but it might become a silly game that we will be playing for a very long time. :huh:

Creighton Fan you must really hate me.  That is like the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd red mark I have received from you.

I suggest you not read anything else from me as it usually has something has to do with my dislike of Creighton.

Which seems to rub you the wrong way. 

And I guess since it is a Nebraska Cornhusker website I should feel free to express my dislike of the above named team.

And yes, you are in your right to red mark me every time, but it might become a silly game that we will be playing for a very long time. :huh:

Double Creighton Fan signed up and said he doesn't follow recruiting much......explains why he spends so much time on the recruiting forum. 

I am not big into tweeting...what does the $ sign mean in Robin Washut's tweet?

It means that you have to pay to read the article as it's on a premium site.

So again, not to be coy or stupid, but how are we then able to view it on this site?

I think there was an article linked in the tweet that was from a premium site.  I think...

• 1 month later...

Please no one laugh at this but do we really want to take 3 star players if they want to commit?  A couple of years ago i would be wetting myself at the thought of kids like this but now it seems like we have bigger fish to fry.

Jojo Anderson is a stud.  He will be a 4-Star and a Top150 player on every recruiting site by the time signing day rolls around...

Future150 already ranks him as the #29 overall player in the 2015 class

http://future150.com/hs/basketball-rankings/2015/

Baylor, Arizona, UCLA, Alabama, Stanford, Notre Dame, Texas, Texas A&M and others have been in contact with him and some of them will probably offer before the end of the summer