This is Why I Don't Like Adidas...

HuskerFever

The jersey for UM looks nice, the shorts are a bit off (to say the least). Who thought, "Yeah, those are just great." What were they thinking?!?!

Nebrasketball needs to make a mark with a classic design, not the two-tone short look that Wisconsin had in March Madness as those were brutal!

I'm confident in saying that fans will like all the uniforms the basketball team wears this season.

Nike's JumpMan kicks for 12 B1G school in their colors:

11888040_1125044737509213_48898765706494

So they have them with Nebraska's logo even though we have Adidas?

Not sure if you can buy 'em but they definitely made some...

Nike/Jordan brand didn't make them, per se.  They are a Jordan Brand sneaker (Jordan XI) but those were made by an independent sneaker customizer/collector.  Many of these people promote they're work on social media hoping to become Internet famous and attract the eyes of professional athletes, who often supply an income stream by purchasing customized sneakers (generally ~$500-1,000/pair) for game use.  You see this a lot in the NFL…probably because cleats generally suck and because NFLers go through a lot less sneakers in a season making the price of wearing customs more palatable.

Tire treads over your dick...ummm....how about no.

Pretty much.  They somewhat remind me of those terrible uniforms/sneakers we had when we were one of the teams wearing the Converse "Voltage" line for one year:

4f42f29991391.preview-300.jpg

Voltage-1.jpg

Converse was making a big push into basketball at this time.  NBA stars like Latrell Sprewell and Anthony Mason rocked the Voltage line, and several other colleges got Nebraska's head-to-toe look, including South Carolina, Georgia, Oklahoma, Minnesota, and New Mexico.  Converse had also just signed Kentucky and Arkansas as their charter schools.  Kentucky got uniforms and shoes that looked like they were made of cheap, stonewashed denim.

kentucky-denim-uniform-620x620.jpg

I'm pretty sure Converse went bankrupt a few years later.  Go figure...

Still, I'm a little sad that we were wearing such ugly uniforms on the most important day in Husker basketball history...

QNXQVCBUUEUUCIV_20090513163122.jpg

Nebraska basketball uni's in the early-to-mid 90's were sweet. But, that's probably because Nebrasketball went to 4 straight NCAA's, won the Big 8 basketball tournament & had a top 10 team in there as well ('91).

This.  If they win a NCAA tournament game, they could wear trash bags with holes cut in them for their heads and arms for all I care.

Other fans I've talked to are nostalgic for those voltage uniforms.

Who have you been talking to?!?

1096310.gif

Nebraska basketball uni's in the early-to-mid 90's were sweet. But, that's probably because Nebrasketball went to 4 straight NCAA's, won the Big 8 basketball tournament & had a top 10 team in there as well ('91).

This. If they win a NCAA tournament game, they could wear trash bags with holes cut in them for their heads and arms for all I care.

1096310.gif

That's a good one, but, no, not Stevie Wonder.

This.  If they win a NCAA tournament game, they could wear trash bags with holes cut in them for their heads and arms for all I care.

1096310.gif

While not completely blind I do need the use of corrective lenses and I am one of those people who hold those voltage unis in high regard.

I believe that I detect three small town Nebraska boys and two players with long NBA careers in the photo of the ugly NIT unis. Does anyone with nothing better to do care to identify them?

At quick glance, it looks like the native Huskers are Jason Glock, Terrance Badgett & Chad Ideus (far right). The pro guys are Mikki Moore (partially visible behind Badgett) & Tyronn Lue (and also Erick Strickland, but he's hidden behind Lue in this pic!).

I believe that I detect three small town Nebraska boys and two players with long NBA careers in the photo of the ugly NIT unis. Does anyone with nothing better to do care to identify them?

At quick glance, it looks like the native Huskers are Jason Glock, Terrance Badgett & Chad Ideus (far right). The pro guys are Mikki Moore (partially visible behind Badgett) & Tyronn Lue (and also Erick Strickland, but he's hidden behind Lue in this pic!).

The small-town kid you missed is Andy Markowski, standing in the back behind Jaron Boone's elbow. 

The small-town kid you missed is Andy Markowski, standing in the back behind Jaron Boone's elbow. 

Yep, see him now. I did find 3 long-time NBA players, though. ;)

Bonus points as I try to hijack the thread again. What two players did show up for the "boycotted" practice? Extra bonus points : who is the child and did he ever have a scholarship to play basketball somewhere?

That's easy (for me):  I told Tyron when he was here for his induction in the Nebraska Basketball HOF that it impressed me tremendously that day the other players walked out that he and Bernard Garner still showed up for practice.  It spoke volumes about his character.  This isn't necessarily a knock on the guys who walked out, but it took courage to go against the grain and defy the leaders on his team.  As a true freshman, that took balls.

• 2 weeks later...

Michigan revealed their hoops uniforms for the upcoming season today.

https://twitter.com/umichbball/status/642097232448221184

Considering that barring schools that demand a traditional classic uniform, Adidas tends to roll out identical designs for all their schools, is this a preview of the design of this years' Husker unis?

It's not.
Promise?
Yes.
I hope you're right because I pretty much hate those.
I am right. Our red and white shorts' design don't look anything like those.

I am trusting you are telling us the truth for my +1...because those shorts are not it; yet, they rhyme with it.

So, I get to keep the +1?

Michigan revealed their hoops uniforms for the upcoming season today.

https://twitter.com/umichbball/status/642097232448221184

Considering that barring schools that demand a traditional classic uniform, Adidas tends to roll out identical designs for all their schools, is this a preview of the design of this years' Husker unis?

It's not.
Promise?
Yes.
I hope you're right because I pretty much hate those.
I am right. Our red and white shorts' design don't look anything like those.
I am trusting you are telling us the truth for my +1...because those shorts are not it; yet, they rhyme with it.

So, I get to keep the +1?

Thank the entity that you praise...yes!